This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    And Cuba gets a pinch homer in the 8th last night to knock off a very game Australia!

Damn, this WBC is full of excitement and drama. Wish I still had MLB Network (though I'm supposed to be saving money, bah!)
    I get MLB Network, but I keep forgetting I have it. The few times I've checked in on it, they've been blathering about the hot stove, which I do online. I know they play classics and the WBC, though

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Yeah, its only really good for extra games. I had it for a week or so before I downgraded service (I wish it were on the basic tier, but oh well). Their Hot Stove and whatnot were ok, but not much better than ESPN stuff. Was hoping for more sabermetric views or such.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They stuck the MLB network in the 400s somewhere, which is too damn far up for me to remember. I really wish cable let you assign channel numbers to channels yourself...

ESPN 4
        ESPN2 5
        ESPNN 6
        NFLN 7
        MLBN 8
        FOX 21
        NBC 22
        CBS 23
        ABC 24

etc... all HD channels where available of course
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• More HD channels needed pleeze.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yeah, I am spoiled by HD. Once I see ANY sport in HD (even Golf), watching it in non-HD makes my eyes hurt - it looks blurry.
            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Eh, I've seen people's HD tvs. I don't think it makes all that much of a difference. Certainly not enough for me to pay for.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                Eh, I've seen people's HD tvs. I don't think it makes all that much of a difference. Certainly not enough for me to pay for.
                Yeah, you really haven't truely experienced HD, then.

I'm with Supr... I can barely stand watching SD. I watch crap I'd never watch just because its in HD.

Comment

• Perhaps you didn't see quality inputs, Ozzy. HD means both TV and source (and transmission). Showing crappy SD signals on HD doesn't look good anyway.

Is MLB network available in HD? I don't think it's a HD channel on comcast at least...
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Naw, it's obvious that Ozzy's just never seen HD on a big enough set. On small sets, it's hard to see that much of a difference.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Big screen, high def, everything was working just fine, trust me. I noticed a difference, but not enough for me to really care about.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        Perhaps you didn't see quality inputs, Ozzy. HD means both TV and source (and transmission). Showing crappy SD signals on HD doesn't look good anyway.

Is MLB network available in HD? I don't think it's a HD channel on comcast at least...
                        Yes, MLB does have an HD feed. Don't think Comcast has it yet.

Oh, and Ozzy is freaking blind.

Comment

• Whew, for half a sec I thought this was in the draft thread and I missed some really great draft pick.

Comment

• Cuba vs. Japan has been very interesting so far. Bottom of the 1st, Dice-K lets on 1st and 2nd with 1 out, but gets them out (vintage Dice-K, I guess). And in then in the top of the 2nd, Japan has two baserunners picked off of 1st after walks.

And 7:30 Eastern, US tries not to get eliminated.

Comment

• Japan's offense has opened up. 4-0 Japan.

Comment

• Just domination: 5-0 Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X