This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    The Dutch defeat the Dominican Republic (ie, 4th place in 2006) AGAIN, eliminating the D.R. (how much did they miss A-Rod?) and moving on to the next round. The Netherlands places Puerto Rico tomorrow on ESPN (instead of US vs. Venezuela, who decided that?) to determine seeding.
    Well, whoever decided it is a genius, because the Dutch are the story of the tournament right now. To beat the mighty Dominicans once was miracle enough; to do it AGAIN, especially the way they managed it tonight, is the stuff of Hollywood movies.

And considering that the fill-in for A-Rod was Jose Reyes (no scrub), they shouldn't have missed him THAT much.
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Huh?

Reyes was always on the team. Him and Hanley Ramirez were SS A and SS B and were being discussed as that since January. Nothing about A-Rod changes that. A-Rod's replacement was Miguel Tejada. That's a BIG drop off.

Well, whoever decided it is a genius, because the Dutch are the story of the tournament right now.
      Cause that'll really be higher in the US ratings than the US baseball team in the WBC? Don't be silly.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Reyes was always on the team. Him and Hanley Ramirez were SS A and SS B and were being discussed as that since January. Nothing about A-Rod changes that. A-Rod's replacement was Miguel Tejada. That's a BIG drop off.
        Oops, brainfart.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Cuba and Australia tied at 1 in the 5th. This is actually an interesting game. Winner goes on to the next round (after playing a seeding game) and loser has to play Mexico to win a right to go to the next round.

Australia has been looking good so far this tourney.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And Cuba gets a pinch homer in the 8th last night to knock off a very game Australia!

Damn, this WBC is full of excitement and drama. Wish I still had MLB Network (though I'm supposed to be saving money, bah!)

Comment

• Somehow, somewhat, the Netherlands gets out of a bases loaded 1 out jam earlier in the seeding game with Puerto Rico.

Comment

• Who did they start this time?
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Pim Walsma

Yeah, I dunno who he is either.

Comment

• As has happened so often, the starter hits the pitch count limit and the relievers can't hold it. 3-0 PR

Comment

• Sure y'all heard the US lost in the seeding game and PR beat the Netherlands.

But it seems that after the thumping Australia gave Mexico, Mexico is returning the favor! Winner of the games goes to the 2nd round (after a seeding game against Cuba) and Mexico is up 8-0 in the top of the 4th!

Comment

• It's disgusting that you all would decide to discuss the World Baseball Classic in a thread on the American major leagues. Have you no shame? There is baseball outside of America, you know...

Comment

• Guess who hosts the World Baseball Classic website

And it was the MLB that invited everyone else.

Comment

• I can't wait to watch the U.S. team lose at their own game again.

Comment

• Frankly, that's expected. It's really just a question of when.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hopefully they finish in the Top 4, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X