American Football movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Football movies

I've just finished watching Remember the Titans and have to admit that I love watching (American) football films, even the one with Adam Sandler.

Please recommend your favourites, because I'll watch them all regardless of how good a film they are. or how good the football itself is.

Any Given Sunday
    The Longest Yard (both)
    Invincible
    Varsity Blues
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The Program
      Friday Night Lights
      Starship Troopers
      North Dallas Forty.

ACK!
      Last edited by Tuberski; January 11, 2009, 02:30.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Brian's Song
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
          Brian's Song
          The original, not the crappy remake.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Heaven can Wait (Warren Beatty). LA Rams QB is taken from his body before his time, gets put back in the body of a millionaire who buys the team and wants to be QB.

What sticks out in my memory is the initial lack of respect he gets. In practice the OL makes a deal with the DL. When the center hikes the ball, none of the OL moves, and the DTs knife in and kill the QB. Then they say, "Sorry, Mr. Farnsworth." Then they do it again.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Heaven Can Wait was good.
              I'll also 2nd the original Brian's Song.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X