Fantasy Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Golf

Yes, Yahoo does fantasy golf - we've been playing it for several years now. Its a grind so no lightweights... Well, I dont care if you sign up and quit half way thru, that wont effect the others.

Group ID# 2869
    Group Name FFZ Golf 09
    Group Password ffz2345

sign up asap, the first week of the golf season starts this coming week and you do not want to miss a week.

Season starts tomorrow. Anyone considering this needs to join up today.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I am in.

be interesting to see how bad I do at this also.

Comment

I'm in
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

cool, we're up to 11 people

and you have plenty of time to get the hang of it... Overcoming large deficits is possible with this format. Lemme think, Yahoo wont let us set our line ups in advance more than a day (sucks) so you need to make changes each day or at least look at yer team to see if a player is in danger of missing the cut (makes Friday nite a must for making changes) and I use CBS sportsline > golf > leaderboard to see who is actually playing and when they tee off (wind typically increases for later starts). We've had trouble with Yahoo not being updated late Wednesday nites before the deadline.

I believe there are 1 or 2 tournaments that start on Wednesdays and one of them is early in the season (Bob Hope Classic near Palm Springs/Indio I think) so you need to take note, easy to screw up and miss a week.

Comment

Also important to know that lineups carryover from Sunday into next week if not changed. Whether those guys are playing the follwoing week or not. (Although it does not burn a start for those who are not entered.)

I second what Berz said about Sportsline. You can customize the leaderboard to highlight your guys. Nice to have live scoring in a background tab during the day.

The first week is kind of a gimme, since it's a no-cut tournament. Gives us time to get used to Yahoo's stupid new interface.

Comment

Yeah... the new interface is kind of creepy with the crappy pictures.
                It was nice to pick up two players here.
                Good luck to all during the LONG LONG LONG season.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

next week they're at the Bob Hope Classic in the S Cal desert, I think its 5 days (5 courses too) so that should be our only Tuesday nite deadline for the season

Comment

Yeah, they put a stop to that at the Vegas stop

Comment

Does anybody know of a website where I can view past leaderboards?
                      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

At pgatour.com, click on Tournaments for a list of this year's events, then click on the event you want, then click on Full Leaderboard. For events that haven't yet happened in 2009, you'll see the 2008 results.

Comment

tuesday nite deadline, I believe the cut is after saturday (4th rd).

Comment

kim out, let ffz know, I dont have it bookmarked on this comp

Comment

cut line is after tomorrow's round and they finish at Pebble

Comment

Working...
                              X