Grandpa Troll's first NHL Game in 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa Troll's first NHL Game in 20 years

Me and Mrs.Troll are headed to Washington D C in a couple of days for a vacation.

We got some real good seating, first level right behind the penalty box..Friday night December 26th Washington Capitals versus the Buffalo Sabres.

Is the a pretty good matchup?

I have not seen a game since maybe 1986-87 when they played at Cap Center outside the beltway, the venue is at The Verizon Center, looks pretty decent
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Any Caps game is going to be good if only because you get to see Ovechkin - the best player in the league by quite a way, IMO. Buffalo is a pretty good team too - lots of firepower.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      Any Caps game is going to be good if only because you get to see Ovechkin - the best player in the league by quite a way, IMO. Buffalo is a pretty good team too - lots of firepower.
      Thanks

We chose this game based on our available night slots so me and wife are looking forward

Comment

Just went to my first game ever, Bruins vs. Canadians, on November 13th. Bruins won 6-1. It was great. If the Bruins win it all this year, you can officially call the '00s the Boston Sports Decade.

I've seen all four major sports live now. Hockey was by far the best atmosphere (except for select Sox games).

The NHL is exciting now, whereas it hasn't been since the Gretzky years. And the Caps are one of the better teams. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I was able to see a Tampa Bay Lightening versus Carolina Panthers game last December, which was my first NHL game in about 10 years, not sure I liked the matchup but fun to go to a live game regardless.

I would think Washington-Buffalo should be a good one, for the reasons Kontiki mentioned. I look forward to reading from you after the game as to what you thought!

I almost went to a Edmonton - Phoenix game on Monday (as I was in Edmonton) but by the time we realized we would be there during a game, it was too late to buy tickets ($200+ x 3 tickets = too much for me).

Sigh. Maybe next year

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Im hoping they let digital cameras in, the website said no flashes or movie cameras

I will post after

Comment

They definitely should let digital cameras in. I always take one.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                They definitely should let digital cameras in. I always take one.
                Thank you Asher

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                  Im hoping they let digital cameras in, the website said no flashes or movie cameras
                  I would think it would be hard to keep the cameras out with all the cell phone cameras now days. I think you should be fine.

Planning on getting more pictures for the Babe thread? Does Washington have Hockey Cheerleaders?

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Most teams have girls in skimpy skirts that come and clean up the ice...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Most teams have girls in skimpy skirts that come and clean up the ice...
                      Man am I out of touch, when I followed hockey real close in the 1960's and 1970's...Zamboni was as hot as it got

Ahhh hockey even on the kitchen table

Comment

Working...
                      X