This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Are You Ready For Some Football?! - 08/09 Season

The other thread would have passed 500 posts today...
    Time to start the new week of games with a new thread!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Continued from here:

Keep on Civin'

Comment

The Bears looking great against the Lions...
      17 - 0
      da BEARS!
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        17 - 0
        da BEARS!
        What do you mean? They couldn't even put up at least 21 pts in the first half.

Holy crap, Dolphins up 17-3 on the Chargers at the half.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Heh, challenging an incomplete when you already got pass interference. Nice catch by Booker.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Yeah... SD having serious problems with the fish.
            And Miami is back to the college offense again
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Hey, use what works until other teams figure out a way to stop it.

Lions fumble overturned - helmet =down by contact. Then they throw a pick six.

Comment

17 - 0
                Dude. Seriously? Seriously, that's your benchmark for looking great?

McCain is looking great against Ralph Nader!
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

He's got Forte on his FF team (kicking my ass today), so it's understandable that he's excited.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah... but Houston managed to gag, giving Payton a shot to win the game by having two fumbles in the last few minutes...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      Dude. Seriously? Seriously, that's your benchmark for looking great?
                      More like if they weren't looking great vs. the Lions, it would be bad news.

And after this weekend, Chicago fans need a big win.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Woo, Dolphins!

Comment

And Miami is back to the college offense again
                          Gotta like the coaching there

Washington seems like they are definitely for real, Zorn

Atlanta with a very nice road win against Green Bay! Matt Ryan is really impressing me. Not just because he's an accurate thrower with a good arm, but his maturity as a QB. How many rookie QBs would be trusted with running a no huddle offense, especially this early in the season?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and set the over/under for Detroit victories at... zero.

I'll take the under.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

17 - 0
                              da BEARS!
                              Hope you enjoyed the free win, Ming.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X