Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalie injuries are killing me across all my leagues.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Danius Zubrus can kiss my lily white ass!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
        Danius Zubrus can kiss my lily white ass!

I love it when a hunch pays off-- even if it really made no difference to the trouncing I took this week.

This was actually a real poor week for me in all my leagues

Nabby still out
        Lundeqvist got rocked
        Mike Green got hurt

--------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or

1. Are there more goalie injuries this year than usual? AND

2. are there far more d-men with good point totals than usual?-- it just seems like there are a lot
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Powerplay scoring is up due to rule changes, which benefits defensemen.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Luongo out for 4-5 weeks, Vancouver dies.

The Globe and Mail Sports section provides sports news, post-game analysis, in-depth features and video on Canada's teams. Find breaking sports news on baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, golf, the Olympics and more.

VANCOUVER — The Vancouver Canucks could be without goaltender Roberto Luongo for four to five weeks.

That's the word from Luongo's agent Gilles Lupien, according to cyberpresse.ca.

A suspected groin problem forced Luongo to leaves five minutes into Saturday's 3-1 win in Pittsburgh. He was hurt making what appeared to be a routine save on a shot by Philippe Boucher. He slowly collapsed to the ice and was assisted off while favouring his left leg.

Curtis Sanford replaced Luongo in goal.

The Canucks are expected to get the results of an MRI on the goaltender's left groin on Monday.

Luongo, 29, has a save percentage of .928 and goals-against average of 2.17 this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
              Luongo out for 4-5 weeks, The House of Boos dies.
              fyp
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Week 7

Code:
                Rank   Team               W-L-T     Pct Pts Last Week Wv Mvs 
                1.  Road Kill             32-16-8  .643 72    4-1-3    9  8 
                2.  Flubber's Folly       29-15-12 .625 70    1-4-3    4 22 
                3.  Ice Hawks             27-16-13 .598 67    6-2-0    6  1 
                4.  Derelique My Balls    30-21-5  .580 65    4-2-2   11  4 
                5.  Malicious Pacifists   28-20-8  .571 64    5-2-1    5 11 
                6.  Blaine's Bruisers     28-22-6  .554 62    8-0-0   10  2 
                7.  Haunted House Boos    21-17-18 .536 60    3-2-3    3  6 
                8.  Matthew Modines       21-23-12 .482 54    2-4-2   13  3 
                9.  The Pantless Pirates  22-25-9  .473 53    2-6-0   12 16 
                10. CrONoS_QC             20-28-8  .429 48    2-5-1   14  2 
                11. Kanadiens             16-26-14 .411 46    2-3-3    2  - 
                12. Calamitous Intent     18-30-8  .393 44    5-1-2    1  1 
                13. Televised Hawks       14-30-12 .357 40    0-8-0    8  2 
                14. Siddiqui Storm        15-32-9  .348 39    1-5-2    7  1
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                  1. Are there more goalie injuries this year than usual?
                  More to the better ones all at once, I think.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

7 Weeks, 6 5 different leaders (and including one exceptional leader who led two weeks ....and NYE was the other one! )

/me
                    Last edited by Sparrowhawk; November 25, 2008, 02:53.
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

7 Weeks, 6 different leaders (and one exceptional leader who led two weeks )

* Sparrowhawk
                      Nice of you to compliment NYE that way for his leads in weeks 5 and 7. " Exceptional leader" is hearty praise indeed
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Brian Burke finally lands in Toronto.

Dave Nonis ,the ex Vancouver GM, also supposed to sign on in the front office for Toronto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                          Brian Burke finally lands in Toronto.

THAT has to qualify as the worst-kept secret of the year

Comment

• Oh and did anyone see the early balloting for the Eastern all-star team??-- So far six Montreal players all have big leads.

I am a Canadiens fan and I like Saku and Tanguay etc etc but for you to tell me that they are all-stars ahead of Ovechkin or Crosbie is just stupid. This is MORE embarrasing than last years attempt to get a marginal d-man on the West team-- THis MOntreal push is likely to have some success

Comment

• This is why fan voting for all-stars is pretty idiotic, although I understand why they do it ... I'd rather have player voting, and fan voting only for a couple of players (I think the Pro Bowl, at least in the recent past, was like this for the NFL).
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Yeah, Montreal fans are making sure this'll be the last year of fan voting.

Comment

Working...
                                X