No announcement yet.

Fantasy football advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad about Slaton. Try to look at the bright side: You managed to find the only 3-TD performance of Orton's career. Enough to keep you close.

Good luck tonight.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

told ya so I'd still nab Slaton even without bye week problems

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
        So, not that anyone actually cares -- but I'm down 10 with just Mendenhall left to go tonight. I already regret not going with Slaton -- he put up like 15 or so yesterday (80 rec TD, 30 or so rush)
        Wow...all sorts of bad luck.

Sorry dude!
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Yeah, not so good.

Shockingly, Slaton is still available. I'm tied for last in record and points, so I'm not sure who has waiver priority this week. (No, it's not automated, I have to check with the commish. yes, it's weird)

I've got Turner, Ronnie Brown, and Parker. Parker's out at least two more weeks (injury, bye). I think Turner's best games are behind him -- sched gets tough, he has two big games vs. the tail end of the league, two very mediocre games.

In addition to picking up Slaton, I'm considering the following trade:

Turner and Orton for
          Hasselbeck and Earnest Graham

In prelim discussions, I think the dude will go for it.

I should jump on that, right?
          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Let's see what Yahoo says:

Strong Bye Week Buy (12-teams plus) Lions, tigers, Orton a top 12 Week 5 play, oh my!

Kyle Orton (QB) Chicago Bears
            Primarily known as a micro-manager, Orton has dramatically developed into a respectable downfield passer. Over the past two weeks, Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner has opened up the playbook, allowing the signal-caller to attack defenses vertically. Orton hasn't disappointed. In those two games, the fourth-year QB has averaged 233.5 passing yards per game and totaled five scores. Chicago's offense still predominantly centers around Matt Forte, but with Devin Hester healthy, Brandon Lloyd reinvigorated and Greg Olsen finally finding open voids, Orton has enough viable weapons to be productive. Anticipate the former Purdue standout to tally another multi-TD performance this week in the Motor City. The Detroit Kittens have yielded 21.1 fantasy points per game to QBs, the fifth-most in virtual pigskin.
            WR Bobby Engram, Sea (54%) – Last call. Engram is expected to return from a shoulder injury in Week 5. He'll immediately step into a starting role and will likely assume go-to duties – Matt Hasselbeck loves the guy
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I dont know, is it a ppc league? Graham's nice because of his pass catching but it looks like TB has more options (Dunn) this year and dont need him catching 10 balls out of the backfield every game. Yeah, yer getting an upgrade at QB without losing a ton at RB. I'd pick up Slaton and make the offer.

Comment

I agree. You've got nothing to lose, DM.
                Grab Slaton, then make the deal.

Although you might consider shopping Turner around to see if he might shake loose a better QB.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Orton's a viable QB now but Hass is in a nice division with key WRs coming back online.

Comment

And there's no premier defense in the West. That''s the key.

Comment

NFC East
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

hmm...Orton has a great match up vs Lames

and Slaton was finally featured at Yahoo as an up and comer with all the right moves

Comment

Trade didn't go through -- the guy I was trying to trade with has Rodgers and wasn't confident he'd play. His loss -- would have turned out badly for me.

Orton is looking like a decent play at least for the next three weeks. Turner looked good on grass and away, so maybe my eagerness to trade him was premature.

I also missed out on Slaton due to some level 5 tiebreaker in the FA system for our league (was tied for last in points/record, other guy got Slaton).

So, now I'm 1-5 with the following team

Orton
                          Schaub
                          Kitna

Turner
                          R. Brown
                          W. Parker
                          M. Moore

TO
                          L. Coles
                          bunch of stiffs

D. Clark
                          D. Rosario

NE D
                          GB D

Kickers

I think I've got a shot to climb back in. I may still need to deal a back for a WR or QB at some point. The QB situation in the league is so bad though, that I may just hold out. Kitna may be droppable the Lions have played so badly. I think M. Ryan is still available as FA -- he's looked very solid for a rook.
                          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

You either need Ryan, or Sage Rosenfels, with Schaub ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

There are some interesting TEs out there. You can definitely upgrade there.

WRs come and go constantly. I don't know who your stiffs are, but there should be matchup-type upgrades available almost weekly. Did you miss out on Moore from NO?

You should never have more than one kicker on your team. That's a valuable roster position for an extra reserve WR/RB.

BTW, nice job getting to 1-5 in only 5 weeks!!! At least you lead the league in game played!

Comment

Working...
                              X