No announcement yet.

NHL Salary Cap League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the two players you're referring to Jordin Tootoo and Sheldon Souray? You bet I'll laugh.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Are the two players you're referring to Jordin Tootoo and Sheldon Souray? You bet I'll laugh.
      Well, I was thinking Souray and Tootoo, but close enough

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Is there a legend somewhere? My rank is going up, which is good, but my value seems to be going down/staying the same. I would like to know what indicators there are so that I know how I am doing (other then rank, which doesn't tell me too much).

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
          Is there a legend somewhere? My rank is going up, which is good, but my value seems to be going down/staying the same. I would like to know what indicators there are so that I know how I am doing (other then rank, which doesn't tell me too much).

* Sparrowhawk
          Rank is kind of meaningless (if you mean worldwide rank).

"Division Rank" is your your "rank" in our "division", which is to say your place in our league. In brackets next to all these fields are the changes (up arrow/down arrow and a number) which indicates change since yesterday.

If your value is going down, it means the value of the sum of your players has decreased -- this means they're less in demand (usually being sold by other owners). You can see the individual price breakdowns on the right hand side of the chart when you view your team (it'll say Last Delta, Overall Delta, and then Price -- last Delta is pricechange since yesterday, overall is since you bought the player, price is current price).

Really, all the point is is to get to the top of our league's standings (our "division"). So earn as much TSNP as possible. Value is important but doesn't win anything for you, but higher value means you can sell players for a profit over what you bought them for, then use that money to buy more higher-priced players. It basically allows you to grow your salary.

More help here: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com...ame_rules.html
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ok, I am with you on everything except for "TSNP" which is one of the stats I wanted a legend for.

I've racked my brain trying to figure it out, and it's probably obvious, but I am drawing a blank relating it to any stat category I am familiar with.

Checking out your link now, maybe that will answer my question

/me

Comment

TSNP is "Points", basically:
              [q="http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/hockey/season1/basic/about/game_rules.html#scoring"]
              Skaters
              Statistic TSNP
              Goal +25
              Assist +25
              Hat Trick +30
              Power Play Goal +10
              Short-Handed Goal +20
              Game-Winning Goal +20
              Hits +2
              Overtime Goal +5
              Penalty Minute (PIM) +3
              Plus/Minus Rating +/-10
              Shots On Goal +2
              Shootout Goal +3
              Shootout Miss -1

Goalie Statistics
              Statistic TSNP
              Win +50
              Shootout/OT loss +25
              Save +2
              Goal Allowed -15
              Shutout +50
              Goal Scored +25
              Assists +25
              Penalty Minute (PIM) -3
              Shootout Save +1
              Shootout Goal Allowed -3[/q]
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, TSNP is points (The Sporting News Points). It's THE metric, it's how you win and how you lose.

Comment

Wow, I logged on today to see how I was doing, only to discover the season is over

5th out of 8 isn't great, especially when 7 and 8 are both joke teams.

I think I did finish with more trades available then anyone else though

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]

Comment

Working...
                  X