This is how golfers are.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how golfers are.

They're whack. Come on, one of you. Say something. I'm just waiting.

This is during Ike.
    Two golfers were killed by a falling tree in Tennessee
    Far-reaching, I guess.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

My wife calls them "hearty golfers" -- meaning "omigawd, those guys are idiots." You see them out during storms, when it's cold and windy, etc. Back in the day, I was among them, out there with my rain gear, special gloves, etc.

I got over it. Some never do.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

LOL,

I remember when a bud came up from SA on Dec 23rd, and wanted to play. He was more nuts than I was, but I was game.

It was actually snowing (not sticking) in Dallas that day, and very cold for my southern System to handle.

Anyway, we show up at the golf course, just as the last guy was closing shop.

The best part: sipping hot cocoa at home later watching two fools on the local TV news playing golf in the snow (it was us).

But I'm over that point as well. 60-95 or I'm not going.
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I've played when it was snowing. I would love to say I'm over it, but that was last year. As long as it's not sticking, no problem. But of course we're very high tech with silk thermals and a heater for the cart. Boy what men will do to get out and drink without the wives.

Our motto is
        I can play in the cold
        I can play when it's wet.
        But if it's wet and cold, I'll be in the bar.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X