No announcement yet.

The Vince Young Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he didn't start the thread, it's an even bet that he'll close it.

Dan, I think it would be difficult to make someone fully aware. Starting QB at Texas, and he likely thought he knew about pressure.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He might have known about pressure, but was he taught how to deal with it?

The program that I follow takes care to do sort of a "finishing school" for football players, where they tell you what to do in public and in front of the press, what not to do in public and in front of the press, how to answer questions, how to deal with autograph requests and other perceived obligations respectfully, how to interpret the pressure and sometimes negative vibes, etc.

Do they do similar at Texas?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

When you get to the NFL, it's probably pretty hard to get much enjoyment out of the game. The stakes are high, you have investors whoe xpect a return. Your every move is under a microscope. It's tougher than playing in the Tostisos Fiesta Bowl, by far.

This guy's a great athlete, but nothing he's done in the NFL -- even making the playoffs -- has been considered good enough. His improvement hasn't met expectations. And he's never been booed at home before. It's gotta make you wonder if it's all worth it -- especially once the bonus money is safely banked and your family is taken care of.

I doubt he's really mentally unbalanced. I sure hope not. But he made the mistake of showing his true feelings. Now he's got to deal with the consequences of that.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Now he's saying he's with them in mind and spirit.
          We'll see.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

don't threadjack it.

Hi! Welcome to Apolyton! This must be your first day!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Slightly less than 24 hours.
              For you, I guess that qualifies as a snappy comeback.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
              X