Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver sure knew what they were doing when they released him... but not when they signed him to the huge contract
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
      Ah, no more drug testing...
      quote:
      Travis Henry arrested after alleged cocaine deal

DENVER (AP) — Former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry has been arrested following an alleged cocaine deal, the Drug Enforcement Administration said Wednesday.

Henry and James Mack were arrested a day earlier after the two met to buy cocaine from a person who was cooperating with authorities, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Mack and Henry were in federal custody on suspicion of knowingly and intentionally conspiring to distribute and possess with intent to distribute cocaine. A preliminary hearing and detention hearing were scheduled for Monday.

It was not immediately known whether either man had an attorney. Harvey Steinberg, who has represented Henry in the past, did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

The case has its roots in Montana, where a trooper and DEA agent stopped a car that was carrying six pounds of marijuana and about three kilograms of cocaine on Sept. 16, the affidavit said.

A passenger in the car, whose name was not disclosed in the affidavit, told authorities Mack and Henry had supplied him with the drugs, which he was supposed to deliver to customers in Billings. The man said he was supposed to be paid $5,000 for delivering the drugs and transporting about $63,600 in sales proceeds to Henry, according to the affidavit.

The affidavit indicated that separately, the passenger and another customer in Billings already owed Henry about $40,000 in drug proceeds. The passenger told authorities Henry had threatened him and his family over the debt.

The passenger agreed to cooperate with authorities and set up a drug deal Tuesday with Henry that led to the arrests of Mack and Henry, the affidavit said.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan declined comment Wednesday, saying it wouldn't be fair to say anything until he knew the facts of the case.

Henry was released from the Broncos June 2, when Shanahan said his commitment was lacking.

Henry signed a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Broncos before the 2007 season, but was dogged during training camp by a sprained left knee.

Also there were revelations he had fathered nine children by nine women, a fact that came out in a child support case in Georgia.

Henry rushed for 691 yards on 167 carries with four touchdowns in his one season in Denver, which was marked by a successful appeal of a one-year NFL suspension over a failed drug test. Shanahan publicly supported Henry in the matter, contending the running back was innocent, but the issue hung over the team for much of the season and the Broncos stumbled to a 7-9 record, their first losing season since 1999.

Henry was slow to return to offseason workouts after a hamstring injury this summer, and Shanahan jettisoned him in June. About a week after his release, reports surfaced that Henry had again tested positive for marijuana, his third offense putting him in line for a one-year suspension from the NFL if he signed on with another team.

The Associated Press

A federal rap, with intent to distribute. He is so screwed.

Maybe The Longest Yard III he can get a part in...
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Lion fans, it could be worse: You could be Raider fans

Steve Schrader, NFL Ticker

Can't get enough of that crazy Oakland Raiders soap opera, can you?

It even makes the Lions seem a little more sane. Such as:

• Owner Al Davis, when he fired Lane Kiffin this week, said the coach was against drafting quarterback JaMarcus Russell with the No. 1 overall pick last year.

Said Davis: "Every day it was different, that's the thing. He didn't want Russell. At one time he wanted Brady Quinn. At one time he wanted Calvin Johnson. ..."

Russell said Thursday it was all news to him, because he and Kiffin got along just fine: "It just kind of came out of nowhere."

So, who do you believe, JaMarcus?

"I don't know, I really don't," he said. "It really doesn't matter right now. It was said. Can't do anything about it. You just move on."

• Davis again, at Tuesday's firing -- the San Francisco Chronicle reports he asked a team exec: "Did I call him a liar enough?"

• The firing miffed Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, who also was axed by Davis, four games into the 1989 season.

"I was a little disappointed, to be honest," Shanahan said. "When you take a look at it, I was there 582 days. Lane Kiffin was there 616 days. So, what it really means is that Al Davis liked Lane more than he liked me.

"I don't think it's fair. I won three more games, yet he got 34 more days of work."

The Ocho likes Dallas, too

Look out, Roy Williams -- you might have a rival for the Dallas Cowboys' affection. Look who was positively gushing over Sunday's foe.

"That's America's team. It's one of the greatest organizations ever," Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "This week, to show my respect for Dallas and its owner, Jerry Jones, I'm going to score and I'm going to kiss the star."

Top that, Roy.

More Howie to the rescue

So I made a joke Sunday about Howie Long being on the Lions' GM wish list, and now I hear radio talk that they might seriously consider contacting him, at least as a consultant?

OK, while they're at it, how about Howie Mandel? He could bring along those briefcase models for a real NFL cheerleading squad, The Banker could manage the salary cap.

Better yet, Hungry Howie. Look at how Little Caesar has done with the Red Wings.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• The Ocho likes Dallas, too

Look out, Roy Williams -- you might have a rival for the Dallas Cowboys' affection. Look who was positively gushing over Sunday's foe.

"That's America's team. It's one of the greatest organizations ever," Bengals receiver Chad Ocho Cinco told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "This week, to show my respect for Dallas and its owner, Jerry Jones, I'm going to score and I'm going to kiss the star."

Top that, Roy.
          Top it by knocking him on his peacock ass.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You mean like George Teaague did to TO?
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Exactly. At this point in his life, TO might do it.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X