X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB - 2008 All Star Break and Beyond!

Continued from here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Worst. Offense. Ever. WOE.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Anybody else see the one-man wrecking crew that was Josh Hamilton last night? Too bad he tired himself out ... I was quite sure he'd lose in the final round, and indeed he did.

I sort of think they should have some carryover to the finals, like perhaps 1 for 10 (so he'd have had 3 carry over) ... otherwise there's a disincentive to hit so many HRs, and that's what is interesting anyway.

That, or just have the first two rounds and no third round... it's usually boring anyhow.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Both guys are usually so exhausted by the third round that it's not very exciting.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I missed the whole thing. I've been caring less and less about the Derby. There's so much down time for commercials and other stupid crap.

So of course I missed what was apparently a helluva show.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Actually it got kinda boring. After the eighth out, he just hit like 15 HRs, to all fields (mostly center and right, but some to left), in a row. The interesting part was once he hit 24, was he going to stop so he didn't tire himself too much ... the answer being, no, of course.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, the most interesting thing was watching Crystal to Goldberg to Martinez (or whomever was playing first, I forget) in the celebrity softball game. They turned a nice double play, Whoopi even kept it nice and straight. Chris Rock then moved to second and Whoopi to first, so we could theoretically have had an all-comedian double play, in the fifth, but Rock baubled the ball.

Comment

Chris Rock... well, lets just say its good he didn't want to be a baseball player .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Boo? F*** you!

Chase Utley may now be my favorite Phillie. Sorry J-roll - you need to express yourself better.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Will this thing ever end?
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

And who ended it?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The same guy who ended last years' game. Nice.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          And who ended it?
                          Justin Morneau

Comment

Who put him there? Young.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sigh. Posada is done for the season. Matsui is almost surely done as well, though he's resisting surgery for now (rehabbing instead, though that probably won't work). The Yanks are therefore down their #1 starter, their starting catcher and their primary DH/backup LF.

The debate at this point is over whether or not they should still go for it (trade for help) or accept this is a transition year with some bad injuries and stand pat or even try to trade a veteran or two for prospects. Every Yankee blog has had the Bonds debate over and over. I'm pro. If you're gonna go for it and you're down a DH/backup LF... you sign Barry Bonds. It's not like the team doesn't employ Andy Pettitte and Jason Giambi, FFS. But anyway, the Yanks are apparently against that solution. Too logical, I guess. So my fear is they will trade for the (overachieving) Xavier Nady, or overpay for Jason Bay or Jose Guillen or somesuch... and still win ~88 games and miss the playoffs. They've too many holes. They're not 1 player away.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                              X