Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
    Points Allowed 0 points (10)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

This is a pretty balanced system that rewards good players and punishes bad players. If you really don't like something, feel free to complain, but I probably won't listen.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Let me know when we draft individual special team players as well and give them scores based on breaking the wedge and stuff
      Not up to your usual standards, Irman. Especially considering that you support a system that combines points allowed and return yards.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm in.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Signed up for Jaguar's

Comment

• Yea, make sure to tell me when you sign in so I know who you are. Right now I have Koy, Slowwy, and ramsey.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• I didn't even look at the Settings, really. Let me put my 2 cents in. The elite QB's, the elite RB's, elite WR's and the elite Defenses need to have the same opportunity in points. Not RB heavy, or any other position. If you set it up that way, in tiers, there's balance. Balance that exists in the game.

Now, BAPAY!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Mostly, just note the .5 points per reception, and my somewhat unusual passing scoring.

There will likely be a larger gap between good and bad passers, making Brady and Manning viable first rounders.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  Not up to your usual standards, Irman. Especially considering that you support a system that combines points allowed and return yards.
                  Does IDP count breaking the wedge? Or what about putting a punt in a coffin corner?

If we could do a fantasy football game WITHOUT defense or special teams, I'd be all for it. After all, when do we draft offensive linemen? It's about the skill positions... always has been.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• "Breaking the wedge"? That's the best you can come up with???

Speaking of logic, tell me again why this vaunted D/ST system still requires that kickers be scored separately. It seems they are not considered special teamers, while somehow the defense is.

I happen to prefer IDP. You find it, um, "annoying." OK, I can accept that, although it seems a bit out of character for someone who champions sabermetric micro-analysis in baseball.

But I must say, your sad attempts at mockery are even more pathetic than trying to combine kick returns with defense.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• OK, that's it, I'm jumping in here.

IDP is absurd in part because it generally ends up with bizarre settings where your "defense" consists of two linebackers and a defensive back who returns kicks. You're not fielding a real defense. In a team defense league, you are.

Offensive stats are a fairly decent proxy for actual player performance. Individual defensive player stats are often an awful proxy for actual player performance. All the tackles get routed to linebackers, so only they compile worthwhile scores. Even if you came up with a system that equalized defensive ends by making sacks worth a ton, you'd still have no idea what to do with defensive backs or defensive tackles. Nnamdi Asomugha never gets any stats, precisely because he's the best pass defender in the league. People are perfectly content to play it safe against the Raiders' awful run defense. Casey Hampton takes up two blockers on every play, but never gets any stats, so there's no way of making him good in an IDP league either.

So in the end it ends up just being about drafting the linebackers with the best stats. (And possibly, kick returners.) That's somewhat reasonable, although far from actually fielding a real defense. But you aren't even drafting the best linebackers. Paris Lenon was a quality IDP starter last year. Who's that, you might ask? He's a highly mediocre middle linebacker for the Detroit Lions. And precisely because he's on a middling defense, he gets a lot of tackles. People just abuse him in coverage and dive up the middle all day. Sure, he's getting lots of tackles, but they're on six yard runs or nine yard slant routes. Nonetheless, he was a better starter than legitimately great players like Lance Briggs or Derrick Johnson.

If people really want to make an IDP league, we can do that. I know the legitimately good defenders in the league, and I also know the ones who will be racking up stats this year. I'll draft the latter, and totally abuse the people who actually draft good defensive players like Jared Allen or Champ Bailey. If we really want that, then fine. But it's not happening in my league.

Comment

• In Jag's league as Future Champions... may the name be fulfilled this year.

Comment

• I also don't love IDP ... the idea is quaint, and as a second league it's not a bad idea, but it's not my primary way of playing.

That said, I think KRTD and PRTD should count for individual performers as well; no reason to penalize them. Don't count YARDS, just TDs.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• OK, I'm willing to agree to that if people like it. That will likely make Hester, and possibly Josh Cribbs into worthy starter material. It won't affect too many other players much.

Comment

• I think KRTD and PRTD should count for individual performers as well; no reason to penalize them.
                              How do you balance that against DST return TDs? I'd rather see return yards added to DST.

I'm always amused when IDP opponents use "realism" arguments. It's fantasy football. Just as certain CBs aren't IDP-friendly because smart teams don't throw at them, there are plenty of WRs and TEs who are loved by coaches for their blocking but aren't fantasy-friendly either.

DST is simple-minded and even more illogical. A team defense that gives up just 14 points gets one point, while another team can give up 27 but win the fantasy matchup handily with a few sacks and a couple turnovers. With the current settings, a single punt return -- or even a safety! -- can redeem a defense that has given up 35+ points. So don't talk to me about "bizarre" settings.

As I have stated repeatedly, I will play either way. Your league, your rules, Jaguar.

Comment

• Points given up is often affected profoundly by offensive capability. But perhaps I should make points allowed factor more prominently. That's an easy fix, though. Making IDP into a workable system is nigh on impossible.

If the other league does IDP and you prefer to play in it, that's absolutely fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X