Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

I'm thinking of adopting a Premier League team. Not on of the biggies but a middle or lower level team (based on last season's results).

Which do you suggest?

ACK!
    Manchester United
    5.26%
    Chelsea
    0.00%
    Arsenal
    10.53%
    Liverpool
    15.79%
    Everton
    10.53%
    Aston Villa
    0.00%
    Blackburn
    0.00%
    Portsmouth
    5.26%
    Manchester City
    0.00%
    West Ham United
    0.00%
    Tottenham
    10.53%
    Newcastle United
    15.79%
    Middlesbrough
    0.00%
    Wigan Athletic FC
    0.00%
    Sunderland
    0.00%
    Bolton
    0.00%
    Fulham
    5.26%
    Hull City
    5.26%
    Stoke City
    5.26%
    West Bromwich Albion
    10.53%

The poll is expired.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Newcastle

(I am actually a bit of a soccer fan)
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Invalid poll
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

Originally posted by Tuberski
        I'm thinking of adopting a Premier League team. Not on of the biggies but a middle or lower level team (based on last season's results).

Which do you suggest?

ACK!
        Tottenham. They score a lot of goals and concede just as many, exciting to watch, had a terrible first half of last season, sacked their manager, hired a new one and still won a cup. Signed some real prospects this summer and should finish higher this season, but they definitely won't be boring to watch.

Hoop socks this year
        Attached Files
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Invalid poll
          Banana was omitted because I didn't wan't a useless answer.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Club thread harhar.
            Blah

Comment

Newcastle
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Arsenal they win alot of games, they just haven't won anything for a couple of years
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Re: Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

The Arsenal.

Some comedian above said that Tottenham are exciting to watch, and that was true 40-50 years ago, but the most entertaining side are their North London rivals.

Arsenal not only play the most scintillating football in the league, they punch above their weight, financially. Although they've not won any baubles for a couple of years they have a fantastic youth system and a policy of buying (and growing) unknown and unpolished gems and making great players out of them.

Blokes like Henry, Pires, Vieira, Petit, Adabayor, Fabregas, Flamini, van Persie, Clichy, Sagna, Hleb are players that became famous playing for Arsenal. By contrast, their richer rivals buy ready-made celebrities at ridiculous prices, funded by Russian mafia (Chelsea) or sales of replica shirts to gazillions of glory-hunting asian 'fans' who latch on to Man Utd just because they win stuff all the time.

Arsenal have class, tradition, style and history and are so far the only 'big' club to have resisted takeover by either bankrolling (Chelsea, Man City) sugar daddies or predatory leveraged buyouts (Man U and Liverpool). It may not last (an evil Uzbek is on the scene) but the principles of the board are a fine example.

Comment

btw, in your context, team, club or side are all ok words to use. Just don't say 'squad'.

Comment

Re: Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

@Krill/Cort Haus

Originally posted by Tuberski
                      Not on of the biggies
                      This means no Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Liverpool.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Stoke
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Re: Which English Premiere League team? (or is it side?)

Originally posted by Will
                          This means no Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Liverpool.
                          If you were capable of reading, you would realise that Arsenal are not one of the financial biggies. Even teams like Tottnumb and 'Boro have spent more over the last several years, even before the newbie spenders like Man Citeh.

Of course, if the OP wants a mediocre mid-table team as the main priority, then I admit that Spurs would be an ideal pick.

Comment

Anyway who TF voted Everton and West Brom? Never heard a peep out of them so far....

Comment

Everton are up and coming. Or maybe I should rephrase that to were.

Comment

Working...
                              X