How badly is Russia doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You have actually fùcked yourself over here, Snugglebunny.

The initial premise of the thread was about how badly Russia had done in a tournament that no-one outside of Russia thought they could win.

They exceeded expectations, and despite getting beaten in the semi-final by a Spanish side transformed by the substitution that brought on the mighty Cesc Fabregas who went on to control the game, Russia helped make the tournament a memorable one, and few fans will forget their performance against Holland.

Comment

The people who thought Russia couldn't win were clearly right, so I'm not sure why people love them.

Russia's getting lots of pity attention. It's like the time the UK had a hockey team. It's more of a "aww, look at them - they're so cute" than a serious team.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Do you need this in hockey terms sir?

Russia's performance in this tournament would be comparable to Mexico getting the bronze medal in the Olympics in Men's Hockey.

Make sense?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

They're still losers, doesn't matter.

I would hate it if Mexico finished 3rd, there are more deserving teams.

Comment

How does a team become 'deserving' of a particular place, other then by winning games?

Comment

By being a country not of "suck", of course.

Comment

Never thought you'd be that prudish...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    You have actually fùcked yourself over here, Snugglebunny.

The initial premise of the thread was about how badly Russia had done in a tournament that no-one outside of Russia thought they could win.

They exceeded expectations, and despite getting beaten in the semi-final by a Spanish side transformed by the substitution that brought on the mighty Cesc Fabregas who went on to control the game, Russia helped make the tournament a memorable one, and few fans will forget their performance against Holland.
                    Yep... the Snuggly one is the only one that looks like a fool and Serb looks like a prophet. Russia was one of the most exciting and entertaining sides in the tourney and definitely exceeded expectations. Can't wait to see them in World Cup 2010.

(Yes, I think they'll get through qualifying)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
                      Bump
                      If in your world a bronze medals = "doing badly", then you are living in a fantasy world.

Russia didn't pass the group stage since 1988 (when we won silver medals). It took us 20 years to win bronze, but nobody in the world expected that from us. NOBODY, but me.

So yeah, Asher we did badly, 'cause we had a real chance to win this championship. And when I said we will win it and Pavluchenko will be a top scorer there were only smiles. But now people can see that I was so close and that wasn't a joke at all.

FY, Sir.

And... Molodcy! Molodcy! Molodcy!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't care how you spin defeat. Though it is a particularly Russian talent, that.

Comment

Defeat?

Wake up, Neo. We are the bronze medalists of Euro-2008.

To answer your initial question: Russia did much better than most of the favorites like Italy, France, Holland, Portugal and current champion Greece.

Comment

Guus

Comment

His full name is GeniUUS

Comment

Working...
                              X