I am going to see the Texas Rangers tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to see the Texas Rangers tomorrow

I haven't followed them in about 14 years so I have no idea what is going on now, especially since I have been following the NL and the Astros (go 'stros).

So what has been going on?
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

They have a great, great offense and crappy pitching.

Right now they are 28-28 and 4 games back of the Angels in the AL West.

Their best hitters right now are OF/DH Milton Bradley, CF Josh Hamilton (the comeback kid), and 3B Ramon Vazquez. Ian Kinsler is playing a very nice 2B and David Murphy is doing well in the OF. They also have a nice catching tandem with Gerald Laird and Jarrod Saltalamacchia alternating behind the plate. Salty is the better hitter, but Laird is the better defensive catcher.

As for the pitching... well the bullpen isn't horrible with Wright, German, Francisco and Guardado, but the starting pitching is horrid. Only Padilla and Ponson (yes that Ponson) have been above average.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Ballpark needs a dome.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Another city copying Toronto? Isn't one enough?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Call it what you want. It's around 90 degrees f. right now. Apocalypse is going to be roasting his ass off, and it's just begun.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe someday you can go see a Major League game.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, I am west of Temple right now so it's not like I haven't been exposed to those temps. I'll be fine with the temperature.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X