MLB All Star Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB All Star Voting

Does the All Star voting at all take into consideration players who switch positions? When does that all get locked in, opening day?

Miguel Cabrera started the season at 3rd, but has been moved to first lately. A switch that very well might stick for the rest of the season. If he ends up only playing 2-3 weeks at 3rd is he still going to be listed at that position?

Not to mention that he has a far better chance of getting named an All Star at 1st than he does at 3rd.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Were you thinking at all when you titled this thread?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hubble sub-forum!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Even though the MLB All-star game "matters", does it really matter?
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Were you thinking at all when you titled this thread?
          Apparently not.

Title has been changed to be more accurate.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What was it?
            "

Comment

It was "All Star Voting", but Imran had to go be a party-pooper and change it.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I don't get it, is there another sport that has all stars voting?
                "

Comment

yes
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: All Star Voting

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                    Does the All Star voting at all take into consideration players who switch positions? When does that all get locked in, opening day?

Miguel Cabrera started the season at 3rd, but has been moved to first lately. A switch that very well might stick for the rest of the season. If he ends up only playing 2-3 weeks at 3rd is he still going to be listed at that position?

Not to mention that he has a far better chance of getting named an All Star at 1st than he does at 3rd.
                    To answer your question, yes, it is locked into place at the start of the season; each team submits a list of 9 hitters (if DH will be in play, otherwise 8), one at each position. If Miguel Cabrera was submitted as the 3rd Basemen, he'd stay there (and likewise, if a young phenom was called up in May and hit .450/20 HR/45RBI in June, he still wouldn't be possible to elect except via write-in).
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Even though the MLB All-star game "matters", does it really matter?
                      It is the ONLY All-Star game that matters, and that is interesting as far as I am concerned. The winning league gets home field advantage in the World Series.

Comment

Yeah, I guess if one mattered. baseball would be it; considering there is no real defense in basketball or football.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X