Lamest sports intro, ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamest sports intro, ever

Ottawa Senators...someone thought this was a good idea.

Things to watch for, in addition to the incorrect concept (Senators are Roman, not Greek):
    - The lines are on the back of his shield
    - The mic keeps cutting out
    - He almost knocks his own helmet off
    - People boo at he end

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gi5nCd1ZVrw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gi5nCd1ZVrw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I like the idea, just not the execution
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Terrible idea, terrible execution.

It's a team sport, and they had a single guy coming out...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

There's only one general, if they have him play the General role (and encourage his troops a la Marcus Antonius) then that's fine.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Christ, that's awful. I'd seen scraps, but not the whole thing.

They lined the players up and made them part of that? Holy ****!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yeah, the concept could use some work. Presumably, the dude is supposed to be the coach. Oddly, he kind of reminds me of the bad guy in Road Warrior. But the technical screwups are pathetic. Man, there is no excuse for doing this kind of thing without a solid RF signal. He's in the middle of the ice with clear line of sight. All they need to do is use a clear wireless channel. Still they get multiple dropouts.

If this is supposed to send a message about the team, that message is clear:
            "We are the Ottawa Senators. We are totally lame."
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This is also the team that put a massive portrait of the Sens victory moment over the Penguins last year, right outside the Penguins dressing room during the series...

Comment

Yeah, read that in the last thread. Apparently cluelessness is an art form to them.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                X