Poly Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread - Weekly league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuberski is joining and I'm trying to get DD back to make it 14

If that happens DD will have his #1 pick and EPW will take the 12th pick, Tuber will get the 13th pick and I'll pick 14th.

and vote on what version of Snoopy's Sabremetrics you prefer and categories you want added (or subtracted) from your pref and Snoopy 3 (the leading vote getter)

VER 1 (original)
    SLG, OBP, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, H, FPCT
    and
    ERA, WHIP, W, K, SV, HLD, BB

VER 2: (RBI instead of 3B, K/BB instead of BB) "The Fist Proposal"
    SLG, OBP, 2B, HR, SB, H, FPCT, RBI
    and
    ERA, WHIP, W, K, SV, HLD, K/BB

VER 3: (Original hitting stats, QS instead of BB, K/BB instead of K) "Snoopy 3"
    SLG, OBP, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, H, FPCT
    and
    ERA, WHIP, W, K/BB, SV, HLD, QS
    Last edited by Berzerker; February 24, 2008, 18:39.

Comment

Last edited by SlowwHand; February 24, 2008, 20:09.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

thats 5 each for Snoopy 2 and 3

DD is gonna pass, so we need to get another person to make 14

Comment

I think RBI's need to be in it.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

u can vote to add RBIs to Snoopy 3, or vote for Snoopy 2.

Comment

2, but I like QS

Comment

Berzerker votes 1B, K/9 to Snoopy 3 (if Snoopy 2 wins, add QS)
                Guynemer votes RBIs to Snoopy 3
                Stuie votes Runs to Snoopy 2 (and Snoopy 3 I assume)
                Slowhand votes RBIs ( I assume you're flexible wrt Snoopy 2 or 3?)
                Snoopy votes Snoopy 3 as is
                Ninot votes Snoopy 3 without 3B (changed your original vote for 2?)
                Fistandantilus votes Snoopy 3 add RBIs and minus 3B
                Jdd votes Snoopy 2 adding QS

I imagine some of the people wanting Snoopy 2 like the RBIs and the people wanting Snoopy 3 like QS, triples just aint that popular

Comment

Version 3 I suppose.
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                    I imagine some of the people wanting Snoopy 2 like the RBIs and the people wanting Snoopy 3 like QS, triples just aint that popular
                    Exactly. I can understand why you want 3b in but just have a look at the 2007 triples leaders.

23: Granderson
                    20: Rollins
                    12: Reyes
                    10 or less: the rest.

As Rollins and Reyes are first pick material anyway to me it seems adding 3b rewards Granderson and not much else.

How many times, comparing two hitters, the 3b stat is the one that picks them apart?

I know I'm probably going to ignore triples when making my picks because something that (for the vast majority of players) happens once in one hundred at bats is not something I can count on. That of course is just me, and I'm happy to be proven wrong

Comment

• RBIs to Snoopy 3.

Comment

• Imran (hates RBIs)

"hates" is putting it mildly.

Snoopy 3, with K/9 replacing QS and removing 3B entirely (no additions... yes, even number of catagories).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ok, RBI's to 3.

Comment

• Isn't it redundant to have wins and QS? Wins are meaningless anyways.
                            "

Comment

• Also, am I getting first pick? That seems extremely unfair to everyone else.
                              "

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW
                                Isn't it redundant to have wins and QS? Wins are meaningless anyways.
                                Very good point. I'd be willing to replace W with QS. So my list is...

Snoopy 3, with K/9 replacing W and removing 3B entirely
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X