No announcement yet.

Poly Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread - Weekly league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's a multi-base hit category, i'd say include that rather than 2B and 3B
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Isn't that slugging %?
      "

Comment

• do away with D, T and HR - just Hits, OBP and SLG (or TB)

H, OBP, SLG (or TB), SB, FPCT, K (or something else)

ERA, WHIP, QS, SV, HLD, K

Comment

• If we have 2B and not 3B that punishes guys who get triples.
          "

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
            do away with D, T and HR - just Hits, OBP and SLG (or TB)

H, OBP, SLG (or TB), SB, FPCT, K (or something else)

ERA, WHIP, QS, SV, HLD, K
            Not very far from what we had last year.

Which, honestly, wasn't terrible.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Now I actually prefer Ks for pitching since it should favor starters, I'm always looking for ways to keep the RP strategy from being used. Last year we had a 20 min inn, I dropped it to 18 but thinking about bumping back to 20. Our pitching cats really favors throwing nuttin but relievers and I dont like that.

anyway, we gotta get this thing going

Looks to me like we're adding RBIs to offense and K/9 for Ks

SLG, OBP, 2B, HR, RBIs, SB, H, FPCT

and

ERA, WHIP, QS, SV, HLD, K/BB, K/9

How's it look guys? I'm gonna start a new thread for the draft, post yer picks there but keep chatter to this thread. We're still not quite done because of triples.

But look at those pitching stats! What reason do I have for throwing starters? 6 of the 7 cats favor RPs. ARGH that aint good guys, the only way to combat this without changing cats is by the min innings pitched per week. I'm even considering 22-26 as a minimum. If this is left to me I'm gonna make sure no one uses the RP strategy.

Comment

• You can require SP by requiring SP slots...

SP
                SP
                SP
                RP
                RP
                P
                P

for example... you have to start at least 3 starters this way. Then set Min. Innings to 24, that's perfectly reasonable.

Overall... don't set the rules to "break" a strategy. There's always strategies, and just because you don't like one particular one, it's very bad commissioner etiquette to specifically target one strategy over others. The draft market will correct for it; if the rules seem to favor relievers, then more people will draft relievers, and the folks that like starters will get better starters earlier. (Admittedly, the auction deals with this better, but drafts have the same sort of thing still).

If you're really worried about it I think we could probably have QS and W both ... I'd change my vote to that if there is significant concern about starters.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• we still need a 14th Tuberski is waiting in the wings

EPW, if you feel bad about getting DD's pick, we'll just move everyone up a spot and you and Tuber can pick after me I think I offered to pick last but if you dont mind picking 11th then Tuber would pick 12th and our last person to join will pick 13th and I'll go 14th

Comment

• I'd go with that, snoopy. Don't penalize RP out of the game.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You can require SP by requiring SP slots...
                      That just creates a race for relievers with SP status. 3-2-2 aint bad but I find myself even looking for a 5th reliever with SP status, especially with the categories we have. I just like alot of flexibility at the pitching spot. The 24 min innings is a better option, but I'll set it 3-2-2 and 24 innings. All Star week goes off the minimum.

Comment

• I'd go with that, snoopy. Don't penalize RP out of the game.
                        What do you mean? 3-2-2 or minimum innings or both?

Comment

• All I mean is don't go overboard. That's all. Nothing really.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• do u have a pref? 3-2-2 okay with you? 24 innings minimum?

Comment

• That's cool.

Comment

• Hell, if you are REALLY concerned about a RP strategy, make the slots:

SP
                                SP
                                SP
                                SP
                                RP
                                RP
                                P

Or even greater tilt to SPs:

SP
                                SP
                                SP
                                SP
                                SP
                                RP
                                RP

5 man rotations are the norm in major league teams anyway.

It's the "P" slot that encourages a RP strategy.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X