Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four hours of TV. Nine minutes of action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is why I watch hockey, because of the pace. However after the last World Cup, I'll watch soccer- if it's the World Cup.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Actually, NASCAR fans probably get the best deal. No halftimes or out of bounds .
      There's an out of bounds; it's just that there's no need for a review.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hockey is basically real football with sticks. It's about control of the little round thing, passing, movement and getting the ball in the net. The main 'downtime' in *soccer is when the ball goes out of play. 5-a-side doesn't have this, which makes it even more similar to (ice) hockey. Another difference is that in hockey it is presumably harder to commit a foul, so in a sense I suppose it is the most non-stop flowing game - unless time stopped for fighting is taken into consideration. That's still good entertainment for the punters though I expect. Also, for stoppages for set-pieces (free kicks and corners) in soccer there is a kind of drumroll of expectation which partly fills the gap. I still think the two sports are fairly similar, conceptually.

*It pains me to call it that, but needs must. :shrug:

Comment

Nascar? Can you say, finish under caution?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X