N F L Coaching Changes 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N F L Coaching Changes 2008

I didnt know where to discuss this Imran, since no thread actually covered it.

Tony Dungy..http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Stays as Colts coach for at least next year.

I figured he would.

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I thought this thread was about coaching changes....
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

1. Looks like Atlanta is offering their had coaching gig to Jaguars defensive coordinator Mike Smith.

2. And Baltimore has hired Cam Cameron as offensive guru under new head coach John Harbaugh.

3. Parcells' Revenge: Miami has hired ex-Cowboys staffers Todd Bowles (asst. head coach/defense) and Paul Pasqualoni (defensive coordinator). That means the Dallas DB, LB and DL coaches have all defected to work with Tony Sparano.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
        I thought this thread was about coaching changes....
        Well, i wanted to be able to discuss the plight of those and Dungy was supposed to quit but chose to stay on.

Comment

I knew it. Cowboys gutted. Big deal! You Judases can just kick rocks. Have fun in Loserville.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            I knew it. Cowboys gutted. Big deal! You Judases can just kick rocks. Have fun in Loserville.
            If you loove something, let it go.

If it returns it is yours, if it dont, HUNT IT DOWN AND P!$$ on it

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

3. Parcells' Revenge: Miami has hired ex-Cowboys staffers Todd Bowles (asst. head coach/defense) and Paul Pasqualoni (defensive coordinator). That means the Dallas DB, LB and DL coaches have all defected to work with Tony Sparano.
              Is it really a defection if your contract is up?
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Hey, at least the Boys managed to hang onto Garrett.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, that's a real good thing.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Now if somebody would just poach Jerry Jones away you'd be all set.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Mora officially named Holmgren's successor with Seahawks

Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Jim Mora will succeed Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, beginning with the 2009 season.

After serving as the assistant head coach and defensive backs coach for one more season, the 46-year-old Mora will begin a new, four-year contract as the head coach.

Seahawks president Tim Ruskell and chief executive officer Tod Leiweke both emphasized during a news conference Wednesday that the move gives the team stability and unity.

"What (Holmgren's) done here, by announcing his retirement a year ahead of time, has afforded this organization to make a smooth transition, to be seamless, to be non-chaotic," Ruskell said. "Which is kind of rare in the sports world -- certainly in the NFL.

Comment

HAW HAW Seattle!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Giants keep Spagnuolo, make him NFL's highest-paid D-coordinator

New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed for the Redskins' head coaching job the past three days, has decided to stay in New York.

Spagnuolo was not offered the Redskins job but his agent Bob Lamont said "it didn't matter because his heart is in New York City."

"The Redskins were great ... it was a great interview," Lamont said.

The Giants are also giving Spagnuolo a new three-year contract in excess of $2 million per year, which would make him the league's highest-paid defensive coordinator.

With Spagnuolo out of the running, former Giants head coach Jim Fassel emerges as the leading candidate to get the Redskins job.
                          New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed for the Redskins' head coaching job the past three days, has decided to stay in New York.

Comment

Jim Zorn. QB Coach -> Offensive Coordinator -> Head Coach in two weeks. The Redskins sure do know how to make the offseason interesting.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Pretty amazing. Reportedly, Snyder was reacting to the very negative public reaction to Fassel.

Comment

Working...
                              X