Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deal is done. Unbelievable.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Jason Kidd to Dallas

what a couple crazy weeks
      gasol to lakers
      shaq to phoe
      kidd to dallas

Comment

BACK to Dallas.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wow... Dallas is certainly making a statement that they're the team to beat (possibly even over Boston, if Dirk can handle KG) ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Kidd will make it a lot easier on Dirk.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Haha

Devean George blocks trade to Nets

He's going to be booed mercilously, I'd ecpect

Comment

League says Stack can't go back, so that makes the trade even less likely (in its current form).

The Jason Kidd to Dallas trade could be held up by Jerry Stackhouse's announcement that he would soon return for a Mavericks playoff run if traded to New Jersey.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Cleveland is making a run for it. Chicago is throwing in the towel. Last-minute trade at the deadline gives sends Ben Wallace to the Cavaliers. Full details:

Cleveland gets:
                  Ben Wallace (Bulls)
                  Joe Smith (Bulls)
                  Wally Szczerbiak (Seattle)
                  Delonte West (Seattle)
                  2009 2nd-rounder (Chicago)

Chicago gets:
                  Larry Hughes (Cavs)
                  Drew Gooden (Cavs)
                  Cedric Simmons (Cavs)
                  Shannon Brown (Cavs)

Seattle gets:
                  Donyell Marshall (Cavs)
                  Ira Newbie (Cavs)
                  Adrian Griffin (Bulls)

The basic trade was swapping the big contracts of Wallace and Hughes. Looks to me like the Cavaliers made out like bandits. Cleveland gets a big man enforcer and a spot-up jump shooter to complement LeBron.

I figure the Bulls could hardly do worse, so WTF.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm happy with the Wallace trade, as although Ben has nice hair and is a nice guy he hasn't been very useful for the Bulls. Joe Smith was nice, but he mostly filled a spot we have well covered anyway (PF) even if he was more of a normal PF rather than our other SF-PF-C hybrids (Thomas/Noah); and Griffin is the 11th or 12th man anyway.

If we actually keep Hughes/Gooden, this could be good in the long term. Hughes, when healthy, provides Ben Gordon with a foil, another strong shooter who can score when Ben's on a down night. We don't have the big-man-in-the-middle anymore, but we can play faster now.

Our lineup looks like:
                    PG: Hinrich/Duhon
                    SG: Hughes/Gordon
                    SF: Deng/Nocioni
                    PF/C: Gooden/Thomas/Noah with probably some Gray mixed in.

I certainly think Cleveland helped themselves the most out of this, but I don't think the Bulls were hurt by this in the least, and in some ways can be significantly helped by this. Especially if we're able to draft high this year and can take a strong real C, we could be in a very good position going into next year.

Comment

It's a shame Ben Gordon can't play the point. He will be traded, probably by draft day. The 2guard slot will be manned by Hughes and Sefolosha next year.

IMHO.

Comment

San Antonio

quietly improved themselves at little cost.

The Lakers looked quite formidable against the Suns.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Apparently we didn't need Ben Wallace much... Bulls with just the original non-traded team (no ex-cavaliers played tonight) are up 11 on Denver with 1:00 remaining and have scored a season-high 130 points (over 100 before the 4th quarter!!)...

JR Smith has also made an absurd amount of 3 pointers, 7 in the 4th quarter and I think 10 for the game and over 40 points... that boy would shoot 4 pointers if they had them

Comment

The West is Incredible

New Orleans loses one game and they go from the number 1 seed to the number 5 seed. Amazing.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Pistons 116, Suns 86
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

That was ****ing amazing.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X