IIHF World Juniors 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIHF World Juniors 2008

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANNNNNNNNNNNADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Canada wins its 19th game in a row.

Canada vs the Czech Republic, 3-0 Canada.
    Last edited by Asher; December 26, 2007, 17:43.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Canada once again looks strong-- It will be interesting to see how good Russia is this year-- They have been 2nd for 4 years in a row IIRC.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Canada wins its 20th game in a row, another shutout, 2-0 over Slovakia.

Comment

?

Comment

First game Canada has lost since January 2004.

Amazing collapse in the 3rd period, allowing 4 Sweden goals...3 of them within 4 minutes.

Maybe Tavares will get more than 5 shifts a game now...one of the worst games from Canada in the WJ I've ever seen.

They let Sweden score with 13s left to win it. Luckily, a Flames prospect set up that play for Sweden...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              First game Canada has lost since January 2004.

Amazing collapse in the 3rd period, allowing 4 Sweden goals...3 of them within 4 minutes.

Maybe Tavares will get more than 5 shifts a game now...one of the worst games from Canada in the WJ I've ever seen.

They let Sweden score with 13s left to win it. Luckily, a Flames prospect set up that play for Sweden...
              That defensive breakdown on the last goal was just awful-- I couldn't believe that two guys went for the puckcarrier and left the other guy wide open.

But this squad had not overly impressed me in the first two games despite the shutouts. They do look strong enough to contend for gold but they are not clearly the class of the field as they have been in some other years
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

In particular I'm not impressed with Tavares' little icetime.

This team is starting to remind me of our last Olympic team. Players like Maltby getting lots of icetime while Crosby watched the game from home.

Comment

WEll

Canada pulled through with another less than impressive offensive output but again pretty good d

They will have to be better against the states and start burying more of those chances

Oh and it seems Tavares is playing more regularly and continues to contribute

Comment

Canada wins the semi-final 4-1 against the Evil United States.

Canada faces Evil Sweden tomorrow @ 2pm eastern for the gold.

Comment

Canada wins gold!

4 years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                      X