X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL - Are You Ready For Some Football?!! - Week 16

Continued from:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Pittsburgh needs a new entire field. Seriously.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The sad thing is I think they have an entirely new field since last week... at least entirely new sod etc.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Someone has gotta be doing something wrong. I realize it has been raining a lot... but not THAT much.

Hell, go to FieldTurf or something! This is just shameful. At least this wasn't a 3-0 game again.

Comment

I need Brady to do his stuff tommorrow night, need him to shine
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Not going to happen Gramps, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Pittsburgh needs a new entire field. Seriously.
              you do realize it has been raining, right? Compared to what the field was like monday night, it's in pretty good shape. What do you expect in 4 days?

Comment

I'm happy the Bears lost. I was doing housework and didn't pay attention to the whole game. But I did catch one instance of a missed tackle by a Bear because he was trying to strip the ball. . Confirms my suspicions the Bears defense are a bunch of showboaters concerned with running up defensive stats like forced fumbles and fumbler recoveries and not interested in winning games. I have no facts to back that statement up, however. . But it's what I like to believe.

Comment

Hey Snoop, thanks for taking the week off. Big help in keeping my playoff hopes alive.

Favre with -3.26 pts -- Priceless!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    you do realize it has been raining, right? Compared to what the field was like monday night, it's in pretty good shape. What do you expect in 4 days?
                    You realize that it rains in other places too, right? And I haven't seen an NFL field look that bad in a loooooong time.

Comment

Philadelphia last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You realize that it rains in other places too, right? And I haven't seen an NFL field look that bad in a loooooong time.
                        my point is the field had no time to recover since last monday (actually tuesday).

Comment

Actually they nearly replaced the field (at least the top part) in between monday and now... it just doesn't drain well

Comment

Hell, it was new sod last week too!
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

They put new sod over the old before the Monday 11/26 game. With all the high school playoff games, and the college game, they didn't have a chance to tie it down. And then it poured, not just rained. Really a mess. That's why they only won 3-0.

Even if they replaced some more, if it's still two layers, it wouldn't drain too well.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Bears led until about 1:30 to go. Dropped passes, key penalties, and lots of sacks meant lots of missed opportunities. At one point, Hester outran a bomb from Grossman and he had to slow down and reach back for it. It bounced off his shoulder pads. The Giants ran at will all day. Eli sucked for most of the game but looked great on the two key late drives.
                              I saw that - it wasn't a good sequence for da Bears. Hester was running upfield, but drifting slightly left, so he ran directly under the ball, such that, even though he turned, it bounced of his left shoulder. Then there was a delay of game, taking them back to their 14. Then a big sack on Grossman, all the way back at the one. The punt out of the back of the end zone got partially blocked, so went 31 yds. On first down the Giants run it down to the one. They score a TD a couple plays later. Instead of 14-0, it was 7-7.
                              Last edited by Lord Avalon; December 3, 2007, 05:12.
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                              X