• Next Steroids Scandal

There are Falcons.
    There may be Cowboys.

Steroid plea linked to Falcons?
    Texas trainer claims ties to Atlanta players

By STEVE WYCHE, D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 11/13/07

The Atlanta Falcons suffered another hit to their tarnished image Tuesday.

A Texas man, ensnarled in an international anabolic steroids sting called "Operation Raw Deal," pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiring to distribute anabolic steroids. The man claims to have ties to the Falcons and the Dallas Cowboys.

David Jacobs, of the Dallas suburb of Plano, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court.

While his plea agreement was sealed, Jacobs said in a signed statement that he was responsible for distributing 40,000 units of anabolic steroids and several thousand units of human growth hormone.

He told KTVT in Dallas-Fort Worth that he would turn over names of professional athletes to prosecutors.

Jacobs ran a supplements store, and on his Web site -- thesupplementoutlet.com -- Jacobs claims to have ties to players from the Falcons and the Cowboys.

Both teams denied knowing of Jacobs or of ever having employed him.

"We have no knowledge of David Jacobs," the Falcons said in a statement. "He was never authorized by the Falcons to work with, assist or train any of our players. Consistent with NFL policies, the league office handles matters such as these."

The Falcons declined to comment further, citing the ongoing investigation.

The National Football League, under commissioner Roger Goodell, has taken a hard stance on player misconduct.

"We look forward to learning the facts underlying today's developments in this case and to assisting the federal investigation in any way possible," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Consistent with our policies, we will deal with any NFL-related involvement promptly and aggressively."

NFL players are tested for steroids and other compounds and chemicals that are agents of steroids or other muscle-enhancing drugs. Penalties are suspensions without pay and possible banishment from the league for multiple violations.

Jacobs was one of several defendants in an international case that targeted the underground trade of steroids, human growth hormone and insulin growth factor.

Calls to Jacobs' attorney, Henry E. Hockeimer Jr., were not returned.
    The full article details the current PR problems of the Falcons, who recently had a home game blacked out. A year ago, they had a 90,000 deep waiting list for tickets.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

the current PR problems of the Falcons, who recently had a home game blacked out. A year ago, they had a 90,000 deep waiting list for tickets.

There is a very simple answer as to why the sudden and complete reversal.

Though it appears Falcons and Cowboys are in trouble now.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes, a simple answer. Didn't want to belabor the obvious; just explaining why I snipped the article.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A former Cowboy, that went to Atlanta.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards

not sure if it goes here just sdharing bout streriodrts

peploe thk they can get aweay with

dang shame

grampus
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

do football players take steriods???

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
              do football players take steriods???
              years ago, when i was doing some body sculting, some body builderrs who worked out and were on roids, they would turn blue and purple and veins popping out of their heads and neck when dead liftibng, bencgh pressing and snatch n jerk

all to increase strength, and for what?

amaxing
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
              X