No announcement yet.

hockey question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in Peterborough during the Yzerman years. He was a treat to watch and the team has a great OHL history. They're still my favourite although I haven't lived there in almost 25 years.

I spent some time in Kitchener but could never enjoy the team. They were usually mediocre and the copycat NY Rangers uniforms were downright awful.

I'm in London now and the Knights have been having some very good teams/seasons. I think it has to do with good management myself but that's just a guess. Unfortunately I can't call myself a fan of the local team.

I'm curious how deep the support for the Otters is? You've had some pretty bad seasons for several years now. Will the fans stick it out until the better days arrive or is the franchise in trouble?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I've been to several Kitchener Rangers game. They're not bad.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
        they finally won a game! LOL.

saginaw and kitchner are my favorite OHL teams.

the otters were good like three years ago. when they had hisey and greene
        Saginaw due to Colbert?

And, do you follow OHL due to the cute boys?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher - Do you follow OHL due to the cute boys?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
              I'm curious how deep the support for the Otters is? You've had some pretty bad seasons for several years now. Will the fans stick it out until the better days arrive or is the franchise in trouble?
              well the saginaw game a little while ago had 4000+ people, but only because it was CatholicSchoolKidsGetInFree night.
              normally there are less than 2000.
              umm... there is not much support.
              but hockey is hockey. after the whalers game i've been cheering for the other team every time. it's way more fun that way.

Originally posted by Asher

Saginaw due to Colbert?

And, do you follow OHL due to the cute boys?
              due to daniels. i love watching him play. and he smells good.
              also, i got to check out the whole team from 2 feet away cuz they arrived to the civic center right after a highschool game.

NHL games are too far away for me to be allowed to go to.
              partially due to teh cute boys.

Comment

Working...
              X