No announcement yet.

Blackhawks' Owner... Dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a more serious note, i dont see why someones death cannot be a relatively good thing. for the fans atleast
    After all it was old age mostly, yes cancer but his body gave out. Its not like going at murder
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

I guess it's really tough for much of the local media and Blackhawk fans to seperate the man from his actions as owner of the team.

Wirtz is survived by a bunch of children and grandchildren, who I'm sure are trying to stay away from any media to avoid listening to all the vultures attacking him. If you talk to anybody that worked with him, or knew him personally, they all say great things about what kind of person he was.

Now, ask anybody how he DESTROYED the Blackhawks, and most will agree.

He was a good man. I find the media's reaction to his death distasteful. I'm not glad the man is dead. I didn't wish him dead, and I feel sorry for his family.

While I'm thrilled that maybe now, the team can move forward, I'm not going to dance on his grave like it seems the bulk of the local media wants to do.

He was a good man.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Grandpa --Stan Mikita was a center, not a winger.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          Grandpa --Stan Mikita was a center, not a winger.
          and you get a cookie for reading my responses

Actually, I listened to many a hawk game and well, thank you for paying attention
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm no hockey fanatic these days, but I grew up a major Hawks fan back in the days of the Original 6.

RIP Mr. Wirtz.

...And may Kane and Toews be harbingers of better days ahead.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Kane and Toews
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Something to build on, and lord knows the Hawks have nowhere to go but up...

...and HTF did the Hawks actually snag TWO hot young players without screwing it up???

Comment

Toews was amazing at the World Juniors. I think he'll be something. Kane I know less about.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    Something to build on, and lord knows the Hawks have nowhere to go but up...

...and HTF did the Hawks actually snag TWO hot young players without screwing it up???
                    The Pens formula.

Suck real bad for so long that you can't screw up all the top 5 picks.

Then have a little luck and win the lottery to pick 1st.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

And to think the Hawks used to have the record for most consecutive playoff appearances (of any sport, iirc)...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think the StL Blues had that record.

Comment

Hmm, apparently they were off by one.

29 Boston Bruins (1968-96)
                          28 Chicago Blackhawks (1970-97)

They held the record for current streak for one year, and that's probably what I was remembering.

StL was at 22, by the way.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ah. STL was the most recent, which is why I probably thought of it.

Comment

As an Edmontonian currently in exile in the Windy City, I look forward to seeing which of "my" two teams wins the race to the cellar.

Oh well, at least there'll be a lot of youth to watch...
                              "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                              "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Toews will be sitting the first 2 games at least. Savvy wants to make sure the broken finger is fully healed.

Comment

Working...
                                X