Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shawne Merriman/Stephen Jackson commercial

...best sports commercial ever?

The only thing holding it back would be the presense of Merriman...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Poor production values.

(No T & A, IIRC.)
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Piffle.

Great special effects, stirring music, exciting and realistic game action... I'm having a hard time thinking of a better sports-themed commercial.

Comment

It's an awesome commerical... and I'm actually glad it had Merriman. He is dominating... regardless of the 'roids (like other NFL players don't take them!).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, he's the only one dumb enough to get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            It's an awesome commerical... and I'm actually glad it had Merriman. He is dominating... because of the 'roids (like other NFL players don't take them!).
            Corrected.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Merriman is dominating?

What was he dominating against the Pats? A toilet?

The commercial is really annoying. I don't even know what it's for.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Merriman was very dominant in the first quarter of that game. But statistically, he didn't have even an assist after the Bolts fell way behind early.

The commercial is a lovely piece of production, but as Tuber points out, it doesn't do a great job of selling product.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                  Yeah, he's the only one dumb enough to get caught.
                  Exactly. I mean, supplements are great and all, but people THAT big being THAT fast... well, that's more than just legal supplements.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X