This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyle is out 4-6 weeks.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• So at what point will we actually change the settings so notyoueither is not the only person in the league with veto power on trades?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• There are 2 options

League Votes where 4 players saying no kills a trade (1/3) or

Commissioner where the commish executes what gets decided here. If we do the League commissioner, under what circumstances should the commish veto a trade?

People should speak up on their preferences. In some sort of manner of vote.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          So at what point will we actually change the settings so notyoueither is not the only person in the league with veto power on trades?
          My proposal

Trades can only be reversed/stopped by the commisioner upon there being evidence of collusion or firesales. Decisions of the commish can be overturned by a vote of the majority of the poolers.

If NYE is the commish, I believe he would be able to apply this standard fairly ( even if he may wish for a different standard). I would not want it to be that people vetoed trades just by hitting a button and without having to declare their position. If anyone has an issue with NYE as commish, I am sure he could step aside in favor of someone else.

Again I don't see this as something that should be a big issue. Since everyone knows that giving away their team for nothing ruins a league for everyone, I kinda hope/believe that no one would do that. ..... and from what I read here there is a majority that apart from that, anything goes.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 4 votes vetoes a trade? No way in hell.

Commish alone? Sure, but only if his actions are discussed in the forum and only done when people believe that someone's having a firesale on their team.

Comment

• If NYE is the commish, I believe he would be able to apply this standard fairly
              Given his checkered background on the issue and given that we're trying to avoid conflicts, I'd hope someone more...neutral would assume that position.

Comment

• My proposal

Trades can only be reversed/stopped by the commisioner upon there being evidence of collusion or firesales. Decisions of the commish can be overturned by a vote of the majority of the poolers.

This is most reasonable to me.

Does anyone object to this? If there's no majority objection, I say we go with this with the caveat that somebody who has not been embroiled in trade controversies be commish...

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                  There are 2 options

League Votes where 4 players saying no kills a trade (1/3) or

Commissioner where the commish executes what gets decided here. If we do the League commissioner, under what circumstances should the commish veto a trade?

People should speak up on their preferences. In some sort of manner of vote.
                  Is the 4 player number inflexible? I think in other yahoo leagues it can vary (is a setting).

Regardless of the number I vote for "League Votes", but prefer 6 or 7.

We need a majority "vote", not a majority "objection", by the way. If only 5 people speak up, whatever 3 of them agree to should be the rule.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Is the 4 player number inflexible? I think in other yahoo leagues it can vary (is a setting).

Regardless of the number I vote for "League Votes", but prefer 6 or 7.
                    No, it's not flexible. It's either 4 players (1/3), or commish.

I vote commish be someone more neutral, and then we follow Flubber's guidelines.

Comment

• 4 isn't actually so horrible, if you think about the actual numbers. 2 people are in the trade and so don't object one would assume, so it's 4/10 which is nearly half. That's better than 3 which is what I've seen before.

Either way, league votes is my vote.

Comment

• So all it takes is Tingkai, notyoueither and any two other people from the whole league to screw me out of a trade?

That's encouraging! And just slightly ridiculous.

Comment

• Have you considered that perhaps it's not all about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                            Have you considered that perhaps it's not all about you?
                            Hang out here much?

Comment

• I'm looking at this from the perspective of somebody who has been interfered with in this league and in others by very weak "league votes" vetos. Since you've no experience with Yahoo hockey, and I've done about 8 different leagues with it, I'd value my experience with them far higher than yours.

It's ripe for exploitation. The votes are anonymous, and very few are required to shoot down trades you see as benefitting your competitors. And this has happened here, so it is an issue.

So no, it's not all about me, but my experience with this league and this issue is extremely relevant -- yours, on the other hand, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                                Hang out here much?
                                Do you mind minding your own business and not throwing personal barbs my way? You've done it twice now...

Comment

Working...
                                X