US Open 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open 2007

Funny that there isn't a thread about this already.

Vaidisova and Ivanovic lost So did Mirza

Since when did deciding sets start going to tie-breakers
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Re: US Open 2007

Originally posted by LordShiva
    Ivanovic lost

In other news, Lopez had a blinding start against Federer to take the first, but as I type Fed has taken the second and has just gone a break up in the third.

Go Fed!

Comment

Haas v Blake was a great match this afternoon.

Just seemed inevitable that Lopez would crack eventually, he had no backhand.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Federer plays Roddick next. Roddick is 1-13 against Federer all time, I'm guessing that goes to 1-14.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

*sigh* I forgot all about the US Open. I mean, I knew it was coming up, but I just didn't realize it was now. And Ivanovic lost? Man, she's my new favorite on the women's side.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            And Ivanovic lost? Man, she's my new favorite on the women's side.
            Totally understandable...

Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There have been some really good matches so far. Too bad about Blake, but Haas played a great match.

It was nice to see Lopez push Federer at bit... but it really was just a matter of time before Federer adjusted and Lopez's level of play dropped from "out of his mind" to merely good.

Roddick is toast. Maybe if he serves & volleys, does nothing but hit the lines and gets 90% of his first serves in... yeah, right.

Serena - Henin and Venus - Jankovic (?) should be good. I think Henin will beat Serena, but Venus could win the whole thing. She's scary good when she's on, and apparently she's on.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Federer plays Roddick next. Roddick is 1-13 against Federer all time, I'm guessing that goes to 1-14.
                federer

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

federer
                  You don't like your fellow feds?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Djokovic is a beast. R-Fed better watch out next year.

Comment

Djokovic is the only one arrogant/confident enough to beat Fed.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

He's a future grand-slam wimmer for sure, and my second favourite player after the Swiss God.

While I agree, Maq, that he has a strong arrogant/confident mentality, he'll need masses of his finest technique, consistency, and mental & physical strength too to overcome the No 1.

Comment

Oh I agree there. While he has more of a chance than anyone else to beat Federer, it's still not much of one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            He's a future grand-slam wimmer for sure, and my second favourite player after the Swiss God.

While I agree, Maq, that he has a strong arrogant/confident mentality, he'll need masses of his finest technique, consistency, and mental & physical strength too to overcome the No 1.
                            Again, you mean? (He beat him in Toronto recently, actually he beat the entire top 3.)

Comment

Fair point, but Federer has lost to numerous lesser players in lesser tournaments. Grand Slams are something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X