Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football - 2007 Predictions

Throw out any and all predictions you want to make:

My Team: Michigan is highly-ranked once again this preseason, and I think they actually could, and should, live up to expectations. All of their nonconference games are at home. Their first road game, their traditional first loss until last season, is at Northwestern. Christ, they've even fell into the lamentable practice of scheduling a I-AA opponent. (Though Applachian State is the defending champ, and probably better than at least half of I-A teams, including a handful of others on Michigan's schedule.) They are some snakepits they'll have to avoid, including early home games against Notre Dame, Oregon, and Penn State. The real fun begins with their last three games, at rival Michigan State, at 12-1 Wisconsin, and then home against mother****ing Ohio State. Michigan should win every game. Last year they beat every team they should have beat, and lost only to teams that were better; if they follow that pattern again, they will be 12-0. However, they rarely follow that pattern. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and say they'll pull through for Coach Carr, likely in his last season.

My Conference: Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are all going to tangle for the crown, with Penn State lurking in the background. I like Michigan, Wisconsin, OSU, and PSU, in that order, with odds of 50%, 30%, 15%, and 4%. The field gets the remaining 1%.

This Season's BCS Apocalypse: Like a few years ago with USC, Oklahoma, Auburn, and Utah, there will be at least three undefeated teams, and at least one major conference unbeaten will be on the outside--Michigan certainly, and very likely the Big East Champ.

BCS Championship Game: USC vs. Florida. I'll take Florida.

BCS Party Crasher: Hawai'i is the trendy pick, but I'm still behind Boise State until the Warriors prove they can beat 'em. I think the Broncos go undefeated again.

Conference Champs:
    ACC--Georgia Tech
    Big 12--Texas
    Big East--Louisville
    Big Ten--Michigan
    C-USA--Southern Miss
    MAC--Western Michigan
    MWC--TCU
    Pac 10--USC
    SEC--Florida
    Sun Belt--who gives a ****?! Okay, um, Arkansas State
    WAC--Boise State
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Conference Champs:
    ACC--Boston College
    Big 12--Texas
    Big East--West Virginia
    Big Ten--Michigan
    C-USA--Southern Miss
    MAC--Ohio
    MWC--BYU
    Pac 10--USC
    SEC--LSU
    Sun Belt--Middle Tennessee
    WAC--Boise State

BCS Championship Game: USC vs. West Virginia
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My predictions lasted all of one game. Go me!
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Texas Number 1.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
        X