Another from the Yankees sent packing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another from the Yankees sent packing

Hall of Fame Shortstop Phil Rizzuto passed away at the age of 89.

Fewer and fewer left from the House that Ruth Built

Gramps

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

"Holy cow!"

RIP
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

RIP Scooter!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

To me, my generation up at Fenway Park in 1960's and 1970's, it will probably hit me hard when the likes of Carl Yastremski and Carleton Fisk pass on.

It was so cool to see them play in person, in front of the Big Green Monster in left field

I am sure many folks who attended the Yankess games as kids felt quite an allegiance to this dynasty

Im sure Phil played with Dom and Joe Dimaggio as well as Mickey Mantle

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

RIP. Rizzuto's broadcasting days were before my Yankee fandom, so I have no connection to the guy. But it's pretty clear he was beloved.

Nice of the Yanks to be gracious enough to get blown out yesterday so the YES crew could spend the game talking about Scooter.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
          X