Phillies on the cusp of 10,000 losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies on the cusp of 10,000 losses

I dont know if any non-Philadelphia sportsfan is aware of this, but the Phillies are 2 games away from becoming the first sports franchise ever to reach this dubious mark..

Fans are poised to celebrate with a parade. At least the mark wont be reached in hated NYC or Atlanta.. Colorado, StLouis, or LAD will have the honor..

In case you are wondering, the next in line to 10000 losses are also baseball teams: Braves have 9600+ and the Cubs, Reds, and Pirates have 9300+

There are even websites dedicated to the subject.. Some extol the perserverance of Phillies fans through the years in the face of terrible ownership and poor management, others just use the event to rag on the current ownership. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Phillies: Since 1883, 9998 losses, 5 pennants, 1 world championship.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Enjoy it while you can. The Rangers will blow that mark away in half the time it took the Phillies.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's only because the NFL season is so short relative to baseball that the Lions haven't achieved that feat.

Comment

I wonder what franchise is the worst prorated for # games/season. (So 10x for football, 2x for basketball/hockey, when compared to baseball.)
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            I wonder what franchise is the worst prorated for # games/season. (So 10x for football, 2x for basketball/hockey, when compared to baseball.)
            I dont know the answer to that one, but the loss leaders in the other sports are: Golden State Warriors (who started as Phila Warriors, lol), Toronto Maple Leafs, and Arizona Cardinals.

Comment

Cardinals will struggle until that owner is buried.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Letting Dennis Green "off the hook" was a start

Comment

Re: Phillies on the cusp of 10,000 losses

Originally posted by Brundlefly
                  I dont know if any non-Philadelphia sportsfan is aware of this, but the Phillies are 2 games away from becoming the first sports franchise ever to reach this dubious mark..
                  ESPN has been giving it enough coverage to make it a national story. Upon hearing it, my first thought was, I thought the Cubs would have reached that mark a long time ago
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

At least the Phillies win the oh-so-occasional championship.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                    X