Apolyton Fantasy Football: Jaguar's League Signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football: Jaguar's League Signup

I figured someone should get around to starting a league. This league will be at Yahoo, and we'll have 10 or 12 owners from this forum. Draft will start when we have a full league, but not until around July 10-ish. We'll have a draft thread on this forum with a 24-hour BAPAY.

Settings:
    1 QB
    2 RB
    2 WR
    1 TE
    1 Flex
    1 K
    1 Team Defense
    7 Bench

6 points per TD of any sort.
    1 Point per 10 yards rushing
    1 Point per 20 yards receiving
    1 Point per reception
    1 Point per 20 yards passing
    1 Point per completion
    -2 Points per turnover.

And reasonable settings for team defenses and kickers.

Although receiving yards count for half of what rushing yards are worth, the point per reception setting keeps WRs competitive in scoring. Our quarterback scoring is pretty generous, because if you leave the settings too weak on passing, Michael Vick ends up being a top three QB, which is silly. Also, I think it's silly when QBs are pretty irrelevant, and it's also silly to give 4 points per passing TD.

Signup:
    1. Jaguar (commissioner)
    2. Snoopy369
    3. Jonny
    4. Koyaanisqatsi
    5. b etor
    6. Sloww
    7. Speer
    8. Imran
    9. gjramsey
    10. Tuber
    11. Berz
    Last edited by Jaguar; July 6, 2007, 01:57.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

/me is in
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

/me is also in

Comment

/me is in
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

/me is in

Comment

Hold on, hold on. Isn't there some kind of rule or tradition about...females onboard?

Count me in.
            I assume someone, Berz or Imran, will have a 2nd league? Guy won't be in this one.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Hold on, hold on. Isn't there some kind of rule or tradition about...females onboard?
                Yep. More the merrier
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, are you in?
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

i'll do it again this year.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Sign me up
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm not playing, but for the sake of argument, I would like to comment on the team structures and scoring system:

- What's a flex spot: is it WR/RB, WR/TE, or WR/RB/TE?
                        - Why ditch the TE spot? Including it makes drafting more intriguing. If you stick to a 10-12 man league, there should be enough to go around.
                        - "1 Point per 20 yards passing": this overpowers QBs tremendously. A QB on a sucky team could easily rack up 15-20 points just by throwing it all the time. I'd put it at (at least) 35 yards.
                        - To reward quality/accurate QBs, a -0.5 point penalty can be introduced for incompletions. This could be carried over to WRs as a penalty for dropped passes and to defenders as a 0.5 point bonus for deflected passes.

Comment

/me is in

Comment

Can't do it.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                              I'm not playing, but for the sake of argument, I would like to comment on the team structures and scoring system:

- What's a flex spot: is it WR/RB, WR/TE, or WR/RB/TE?
                              - Why ditch the TE spot? Including it makes drafting more intriguing. If you stick to a 10-12 man league, there should be enough to go around.
                              - "1 Point per 20 yards passing": this overpowers QBs tremendously. A QB on a sucky team could easily rack up 15-20 points just by throwing it all the time. I'd put it at (at least) 35 yards.
                              - To reward quality/accurate QBs, a -0.5 point penalty can be introduced for incompletions. This could be carried over to WRs as a penalty for dropped passes and to defenders as a 0.5 point bonus for deflected passes.
                              1. WR/RB
                              2. I forgot to list TE. It should be 1 TE, 7 Bench.
                              3. I'll consider that.
                              4. That works pretty well, although then I would need to help QBs out elsewhere a little. Can you really penalize WRs for dropped passes?

Comment

Working...
                              X