Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reismark
    What was his state of mind?
    Ummm - I don't think he was in his happy place......

What a sad situation.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

WWE has posted a timeline of events from their end...

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
      A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
      The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
      Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
      A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
      Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

]]6:10pm
      A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
      The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
      Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
      When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
      Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
      Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
      When: 6/24 at 3:53am
      Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
      When: 6/24 at 3:54am
      Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
      When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
      Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
      When: 6/24 at 3:58am
      Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
      WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
      WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
      residence

4:00pm
      WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
      the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayette County Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.
      Reismark - hey man, i still lurk here and at CGN on occasion (once a month?) but mainly spend time over at Redscape. My E-mail is o r a n g e s f w r @ g m a i l . c o m in case you don't have it. This entire ordeal is absolutely heartbreaking.

I just can't wrap my head around it. There are so many things that just don't make sense. Sad as it is to say, if I hard heard this about any number of other wrestlers (I won't name names) I probably would have thought "yup, could definitely see that happening", but this still feels like a bad dream.

I'm still hoping in vain that some new evidence will come to light that will make it possible for Benoit's wrestling legacy to live on. It just makes me wonder......if something like this can happen to a person like Benoit, what hope do any of us have? And what does that say about those who admired him for being the ultimate "Good Guy" in an industry infamously plagued by egos, sophomorish antics, misogyny, substance abuse, and general irresponsibility.

As to the Steroids link, I wouldn't rule it out yet...while the acts committed do not seem to be associated with 'rage', they do appear to be an act of severe depression and helplesness. I can only speculate, but I would have to guess that Benoit's mind was convinced that his family would be "better off dead" for some reason or another. It is simply disturbing that no one, including those who were actually close to him on a personal level, could have ever seen this coming.

Rumors are circulating that his child may have suffered from a form of "Fragile X Syndrome", and that Benoit may have been giving him Human Growth Hormone to counteract the syndrome's effects (including low muscle tone). This is similarly incomprehensible to me, but if true shows that there was a serious, serious problem with the way Benoit's mind worked. If this was the case, how could his friends and co-workers have been so clueless? They've only known the guy for 15 years!
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Quoted, bolded, italicized, and underlined for truth. (Or QBIAUFT, if you prefer.)

This is the article I quoted which appears on SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

Just sharing if they feel its Sports I would feel its fairly safe to assume the rest of us can
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Swimsuit modeling isn't a sport either, so I think SI's opinion can be discounted in this regard.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Wrestling is 'sports entertainment', at least IMO, so I'll allow it.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, no, Imran - you gotta say it like Mills Lane would.

"Wrestling is sports entertainment, so... I'll allow it!"

Originally posted by orange
              Reismark - hey man, i still lurk here and at CGN on occasion (once a month?) but mainly spend time over at Redscape. My E-mail is o r a n g e s f w r @ g m a i l . c o m in case you don't have it. This entire ordeal is absolutely heartbreaking.
              Same here as far as here and CGN are concerned. I spend most of my time over at Survivor Addicts where I'm the lead tech admin, and also at Stablewars when I feel like chatting up wrestling. I use a different pseudonym on those boards than I do here ("Texas Kelly").
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Wrestling is 'sports entertainment', at least IMO, so I'll allow it.
                So it begins.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Does this mean we can talk about American Gladiators in here?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And less than a week later...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

US scientists created mice that showed symptoms of Fragile X Syndrome - a leading cause of mental retardation and autism in humans.

They then reversed symptoms of the condition by inhibiting the action of an enzyme in the brain.
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Shocking, shocking update:

Steroids found in Benoit's body
                      Associated Press

July 17, 2007 at 3:47 PM EDT

DECATUR, Ga. — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state's top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

"An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person's thought process or behavior," he said.

Sperry said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit's wife had a "therapeutic" level of sedatives in her body.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.

Anabolic steroids were found in the home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Shocking, shocking spin!

Steroids found in Benoit's body
                        Associated Press

July 17, 2007 at 3:47 PM EDT

DECATUR, Ga. — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state's top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler's body, and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the death of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

"An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person's thought process or behavior," he said.

Sperry said the boy appeared to have been sedated when he was asphyxiated, and Benoit's wife had a "therapeutic" level of sedatives in her body.

Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.

Anabolic steroids were found in the home, raising questions about whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Benoit's wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone. Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, authorities said.

The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the boy because of a lack of urine.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                        X