No announcement yet.

NHL Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also: The Rangers have signed BOTH Chris Drury AND Scott Gomez.

We're back in the pre-cap world, folks!

And:

Briere to Philly.

Jason Blake to the Leafs. (I wanted him too!)

Corey Sarich (??) to the Flames. Are they getting ready to unload a defenceman or what?

Rumour mill:

Smyth is apparently on the verge of signing with the Avs.
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

I think Rafalski's a GREAT replacement for Schneider. The Wings just got a lot better, in my opinion.

As for Schneider himself: he's a good fit in Anaheim. He's no Scott Niedermayer, but he'll fit in nicely, especially if Beauchemin can step in and play a slightly bigger role.

TSN is also reporting that Niedermayer is about to officially retire.
      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine

Comment

Hannan just signed with Colorado, 4yrs/18mil.

We're ****ed for next year.

It's time to *really* start building for the next 5 years (not that we haven't already). Next season is a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
          Hannan just signed with Colorado, 4yrs/18mil.

We're ****ed for next year.

It's time to *really* start building for the next 5 years (not that we haven't already). Next season is a wash.
          I wouldn't go that far, but yes it is pretty obviously a building year unless... Kariya and a solid stay at home can be found. One thing you can count on Lowe to do is identify overlooked defencemen.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Also: The Rangers have signed BOTH Chris Drury AND Scott Gomez.

We're back in the pre-cap world, folks!
            Not quite.

And:

Briere to Philly.
            Best turn around summer in a while.

Jason Blake to the Leafs. (I wanted him too!)

Corey Sarich (??) to the Flames. Are they getting ready to unload a defenceman or what?
            They've been unloading them. Leopold, Ference (for Stuart and Stuart is UFA buh-bye) Hamrlik going, Regehr is rumoured to be headed East before/during this season (trade) or after (UFA who wants to move east).

Rumour mill:

Smyth is apparently on the verge of signing with the Avs.
            Done deal now. I'm surprised he signed in the same division for less.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Where are all the posts???

Oilers trade F Joffrey Lupul and D Jason Smith to Philly for D Joni Pitkanen, F Geoff Sanderson, and a 3rd rounder.

Uhm... Well, I do like Pitkanen a lot... And Lupul was kindof a bust... I like the trade okay, but we certainly didn't get away with a 'steal' or anything. Sanderson was clearly just a salary dump, but at least he should be an active face in his hometown. Getting rid of gator will hurt in the short term, though... Best case scenario: Pitkanen and Smid develop into a good 1-2 combo in a couple years. It could happen!

We definitely need more UFAs though, Lowe!
              I'm not sure about that. Gilbert could be a wildcard assuming Staios steps up to 1-2 and Greene is ready for 3-4.

Pitkanen-Staios
              Smid-Greene
              Tarnstrom/Grebeshkov-Gilbert

Grebeshkov is a real wildcard. It could be a very interesting season.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Kariya went to St Louis.

Damn.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Did Smyth really sign for less? I think he's getting about 6.5m per season now. Last offer from Lowe that I heard was 5.5m.

Comment

The Pens just signed Daryl Sydor and Petr Sykora (!). Well, there goes that 'insurance.'

What's still out there that could help the Oil:

Ladislav Nagy--a wildcard forward. Big upside, big downside. At this point, looking at our forward lines, I say we could roll the dice on this guy.

Tom Preissing--This would go a LONG way to making me feel better about our D corps.

Danny Markov--Ditto!

Dainius Zubrus--Good all-around forward. I'd like to see him in copper & blue.

Michael Handzus--Centre depth! Centre depth!

And other D: Roman Hamrlik, Brent Sopel... Slim pickin's!

And that's about it.

Let's hope for the best!

Comment

Also, I didn't see this 'til now, but TSN is reporting that there's a report from TEAM 1260 that the Oil signed Michael Nylander.

Uhm, that's pretty good, I suppose...

Comment

Did Smyth really sign for less? I think he's getting about 6.5m per season now. Last offer from Lowe that I heard was 5.5m.
                        He had offers from the Island (and others) for more.

Edit: I could have been clearer.
                        Last edited by notyoueither; July 2, 2007, 03:48.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Also, I didn't see this 'til now, but TSN is reporting that there's a report from TEAM 1260 that the Oil signed Michael Nylander.

Uhm, that's pretty good, I suppose...
                          No way, no how do the Oilers need another centre. Either he's a good LW or... Horcoff is on the way out.

Here comes your other DMan. Call him Kubina (trade with the Leafs also possibly involving Raycroft, from what I've read).
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

The Leafs pick up a guy with a drinking problem and now a five-year $20 million deal for a 33-year-old who had his breakout season at age 32.

Someone just shoot me.

Please.

Just put me out of my misery.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

Man, the Devils are screwed .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Atleast the Oilers did something.

Unless the Habs somehow get Souray back, next season is going to be painful.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X