AL Central unhittable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Central unhittable

Buehrle and Verlander... wonder when the last time two pitchers from the same division pitched a no-no?

Congrats to Verlander... Buehrle's was cleaner, but no-hit is no-hit, and an impressive game for the youngster who has many great seasons ahead of him.

So how's it like for you Red Sox and Yankees fans, having your team in the #3 division in the league?

ESPN recap:
    Expert recap and game analysis of the Detroit Tigers vs. Milwaukee Brewers MLB game from June 12, 2007 on ESPN.

edit: 1991 I think (CHW and KC).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Re: AL Central unhittable

Verlander!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by snoopy369
    Congrats to Verlander... Buehrle's was cleaner, but no-hit is no-hit, and an impressive game for the youngster who has many great seasons ahead of him.
    Was he throwing 102 in the 9th? And 12 strike outs?
    Last edited by OzzyKP; June 12, 2007, 22:05.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Pitching to the minimum is cleaner than four walks any day of the week But both are impressive.

Comment

Oh yeah? We have Padilla. He hits everyone.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Oh yeah? We have Padilla. He hits everyone.
          Not if he was facing Verlander tonight. Verlander was in a zone.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Red Sox fans are doing ok, I think.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Padilla wouldn't care. If Verlander got up there to bat for some reason, I guarantee you that Padilla would hit him.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I was sort of wondering what you meant about Padilla (the pitcher) hitting, and then that second post made me feel stupid for not getting the joke

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  Red Sox fans are doing ok, I think.
                  I suppose I understand, being a Bears [NFC Central] fan.

But it must hurt hearing the AL East compared to the NFC central... and the Yanks are the Vikings

Comment

I doubt Verlander was really hitting 102 in the 9th; that radar had to be jacked up.

Regardless, amazing. I really thought Verlander would backslide quite a bit this year, especially the way he struggled in spring training. I'm so glad I was wrong.

Last time we had a no-hitter, we won the whole she-bang-a-bang. I like that omen.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Rangers are pissed off at Padilla. They don't know wtf.
                      He goes and whacks somebody, and who gets whacked back? Not him.

Comment

Tigers also back into a tie for first place in the AL Central thanks to the Marlins victory over the Indians.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Re: AL Central unhittable

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          So how's it like for you Red Sox and Yankees fans, having your team in the #3 division in the league?
                          Like said, I think the Red Sox are doing just fine with the #1 record in the majors .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The Royals are still hittable.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              Tigers also back into a tie for first place in the AL Central thanks to the Marlins victory over the Indians.
                              Last edited by OzzyKP; June 13, 2007, 08:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X