Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst F1 crash since Senna.

A bit late, but FOM made YouTube take the clip down from its website

[...]That would have been a big event in any normal race but almost immediately there was an enormous sickening accident down at the hairpin. Kubica was stuck behind Trulli's Toyota and he wnated to take advantage of the restart to grab a place. As they went down towards the hairpin he positioned himself to go to the left of the Toyota and outbrake Jarno into the corner. Seeing this was not going to work, Robert then switched to the right and as he did so he managed to snag his front wing on Trulli's right rear tyre.

What happened next was frightening. The BMW lost its downforce and went wide on the right. It hit a kerb at about 200mph and flew. And it flew all the way into a concrete barrier. The explosion was awful and thousands of pieces of smashed car , with the remains of a monocoque in the middle came back across the track into the path of the cars behind. This did serious damage to several of the Red Bull cars, notably Coulthard and Liuzzi who both got the worst of it.

The BMW hit the barriers again on the other side of the track and then slid along until the momentum was finally exhausted. Kubica was motionless in the upturned car. As the afternoon wore on it was amazing to hear that he had escaped with almost nothing. Modern F1 cars are inordinately strong.

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Sports forum:

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

German engineering

Polish drivers
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

A Pole trying to get away in a BMW?
        Blah

Comment

Amazingly, his "broken leg" healed overnight into a sprained ankle.

Modern single-seater safety cells

Comment

I was there at the GP.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              I was there at the GP.

Two Apolytoners witnessing the historic first win of Lewis Hamilton.

Whereabouts on the circuit were you, Spec?

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                Sports forum:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=2
                Doh! There's a F1 thread and i didn't know about it...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                  Amazingly, his "broken leg" healed overnight into a sprained ankle.

Modern single-seater safety cells
                  Certainly a far cry from the criminal nature of F1 in the late 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Two Apolytoners witnessing the historic first win of Lewis Hamilton.

Whereabouts on the circuit were you, Spec?
                    Is that counting me?

I was at the exit side of the pin-hole turn. Spectacular crash it was!
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                      I was there at the GP.

Spec.
                      I went today with my bicycle. I did a couple of laps on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. It was pretty cool.
                      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Why didn't you come say hello? I work there.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Is that counting me?

I was at the exit side of the pin-hole turn. Spectacular crash it was!
                          Did you see Spec? i.e. was it Spec-tacular??!!!

Sorry i've had a little to drink
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

no longer available.....

any other hot flaming death ??
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Is this what they call a 'pole position'?
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X