The 20 top earning non yank athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 20 top earning non yank athletes

Is there any question what sport is the most popular on earth? Our International 20 of the top-earning non-American athletes is dominated by nine soccer players, all of whom benefit here from one of the worst exchange rates on the dollar in years. Many have also been helped by the deep pockets of Chelsea billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, who is a George Steinbrenner on a global scale. (To read more about the soccer explosion on the 20, click here.)

Meanwhile, the retirement of reigning international king Michael Schumacher has opened the door for another Formula One superstar, Fernando Alonso. He may not be a household name yet, but he's gaining fast. (To read more on the Spanish ace, click here.) The rest of the International 20 is made up of golf and tennis stars, an Italian motorcycle-racing icon and five other athletes who make their living in U.S.-based leagues.
    The first 5 are Alonso, Ronaldinho, Federer, Valentino Rossi, Beckham (in that order, with Alonso on top)

see the complete top 20 + the money they earn here

Beckham getting lots of cash

PD: I think Alonso is quite famous, Rossi and the japanese baseballers are the only ones I did not know.
    I need a foot massage

It's not Beckham's fault he's an advertisers wet dream. I'd take the cash too.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I know this is about the International top 20, but what Tiger makes in endorsements is just crazy:

Tiger Woods
      Pro Golf
      Earnings: $11,941,827
      Endorsements: $100,000,000
      Total: $111,941,827
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How much did Schumi make, including endorsements? I think he may have rivalled Woods.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          How much did Schumi make, including endorsements? I think he may have rivalled Woods.
          Ralf Schumacher
          Auto Racing
          Germany
          TOTAL: $18,000,000

But that probably doesn't include all his endorsements...
          How much did he earn on the circut last year?
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I meant Michael Schumacher (Ralf's brother).

He was even with Tiger in 2002, and earned about $9m less in 2004.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ralf Schumacher must be the most overpaid sportsman on the planet.

Comment

Working...
              X