Clear All

• finals - who will win?

today will be the final match in cricket world cup series
    between Australia Vs Sri lanka.
    who will win? any idea. reply me.

thanks in advance.
    symtpoms melanoma skin cancer

England.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Chasing Australia's 281 for 4 after a rain-shortened 38 overs..

EDIT: The match is NOT yet over! Apparently it must continue, according to the umpires, despite Cricinfo calling it night, and apparently nobody can see anything in this light. Ridiculous.

/me shakes his head

I'll save my diatribe for when the overs are actually over played to the end.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have to say I've never been able to understand cricket scoring, and I've tried on several occasions...

Can't you guys just keep a normal score?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          I have to say I've never been able to understand cricket scoring, and I've tried on several occasions...

Can't you guys just keep a normal score?
          No way, snoop, that just wouldn't be cricket.

And NOW it's over. Sri Lanka made it to 215 for 8 out in their 36 overs (not sure why they got less than Oz's overs). And now for the diatribe...

Let me first say Australia deserved the win, as they steamrolled everyone. They are an incredible quality side.

I think it sucks that they won in such a fashion though. Third world cup in a row, haven't lost a world cup match since the third one ago, and in the final, where they definitely were playing against the other side that deserved to be in the final, they steamrolled this top side as well. It didn't even end up as a contest. 289 for 4 from 3/4 the overs of a full innings. That's INSANE.

I know that's not really anyone's fault, least of all Australia's. But doesn't it feel crappy to anyone else? And for the Aussie cricket fans, sure, you must be rapt, but at the same time don't you think it would have been better to have had, well, a competition, for something more than just an almost guaranteed additional thrashing and second place? In a way the farce of having Sri Lanka accept the match end (and hence the loss) due to bad light, THEN being forced to continue anyway just seems appropriate.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I gave up on the game after the rain break. Jawayardene given out LBW by a ball missing leg by a mile in darkness under no lights not knowing what they were chasing or whether they could have indeed stayed off the field and come back the next day.

Farcical.

If they could come back the next day why was it reduced to 30-whatsit overs in the first place? Perhaps Jayawardene could have forfeited during the light break to save face, but it shouldn't have come to that. The Sirils had a fair shot at 140-odd for 3 but being forced to bat in poor light on a damp as anything pitch led to the dismissal of Jayasuriya. Add in a shocker of an LBW decision and the Sirils are done and dusted. Maybe, but we aren't sure because we don't know what they're chasing.

Effing ridiculous.
            Last edited by Frozzy; April 28, 2007, 19:02.

Comment

Working...
            X