NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good to me GO BULLS!!
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      It only seems logical that I cheer for the Bulls now.
      Can't you cheer for Houston? I want Utah to win.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

No, I can't cheer for Houston. I could cheer for Utah, and should. God knows, other than a set of mountains they don't have much going for them.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

two economists find evidence of racism in nba refs.

if this is the case, then should the NBA hire more black referees so that the ration of black refs to black players is 1 to 1?
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            No, I can't cheer for Houston. I could cheer for Utah, and should. God knows, other than a set of mountains they don't have much going for them.
            They have very wide roads. I like that.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              two economists find evidence of racism in nba refs.

if this is the case, then should the NBA hire more black referees so that the ration of black refs to black players is 1 to 1?
              Is this a troll? I'm confused.

1. Although I have to assume Stern's counterstudy is biased, he did point out that this is not a peer reviewed study, so I'll wait to see the peer review if this is valid or not. Fouls have a lot of things involved other than just straight numbers, and a lot of white guys get in either from europe (less physical = less fouls) or are in as point guards and other lower foul positions. It's hard to find specific causality in fouls strictly by the numbers.

2. Black refs to black players is 1:1? So we need 7-8 refs per game (assuming you count starters only)?

Anyway, I certainly think there's room to hire more black refs; but I don't think it's as bad as it is in other leagues. There's usually a black ref on the floor in games I watch, which is more than Baseball or Football can claim ...

Comment

OUCH! Pistons stomp Bulls, 95-69.

Great day for Detroit playoff teams.
                Last edited by Lord Avalon; May 5, 2007, 21:51.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The Pistons looked awesome.
                  The Bulls were pathetic.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I haven't cheered the Jazz in years.

BUT I AM TONIGHT!!!!!

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Three first-round upsets. Very unusual.
                      McGrady eats crow.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

by ratio of black refs to players is 1:1 i mean that since 80% of the nba is black but 63% of nba refs are white, they should hire more black refs until they are at 80% black refs.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Pistons 34, Bulls 18 after 1. Detroit shot 64%, Chicago 38%.

Somebody tell me when the Bulls varsity is showing up?
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

Bulls again. Pistons romp 108-87.

Comment

Hard to watch. Well, for me at least...

Detroit's guard play has been truly impressive. The Bulls haven't looked this overmatched -- against ANY team -- all season. They are clearly whipped, mentally.

Hopefully they'll have enough pride to defend their home court.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                                by ratio of black refs to players is 1:1 i mean that since 80% of the nba is black but 63% of nba refs are white, they should hire more black refs until they are at 80% black refs.
                                Hence why I asked if you were trolling? That's such an absurd suggestion I didn't consider it worth the time it would take to explain why it's absurd.

Comment

Working...
                                X