No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavs - Warriors wasn't the championship, so no coronation there. I think it's much easier to upset a team in the 1st round.

I think Spurs on O will do better than the Cavs on O. I think Varejao has compiled karmic debt for all his flops.

Spurs in 5. (6 at the outside)
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Reismark, you watch the same sports shows I watch [ESPN]?

Everybody I saw picked the Warriors to have a shot at taking out the Mavs, or at least go to 7 games. Few picked them to actually upset them [as 1 vs 8 is a lock for 1], but a few did, and that's more than picked any #8 to upset a #1 in the last five years at least...

This is different, it's the NBA finals, with two good teams... but one clearly better team.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Everybody I saw picked the Warriors to have a shot at taking out the Mavs, or at least go to 7 games. Few picked them to actually upset them [as 1 vs 8 is a lock for 1], but a few did, and that's more than picked any #8 to upset a #1 in the last five years at least...
        Everything I read had the Mavs beating the Warriors, most in five, or in six at worst.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• 1o minutes to the game do u guys suppose lebron james is gonna show up today?
          Im trying to figure out why we are so hated whats up with that?
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Cavs down 27 after 3. They better hope for some serious home cooking.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• They made it a game.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                1o minutes to the game do u guys suppose lebron james is gonna show up today?
                Im trying to figure out why we are so hated whats up with that?
                Hating on the champs is a proud American tradition. The Spurs are thisclose to being a dynasty.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How could the Spurs not be hated after the way the league screwed the Suns over?
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    How could the Spurs not be hated after the way the league screwed the Suns over?
                    How is that the Spurs fault? They didn't make the Suns players leave the bench.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Robert Horry did when he cheapshotted Nash. The league is more at fault for screwing the Suns than the Spurs, but it's not much fun hating on Stern, so the Spurs are garnering the majority of the scorn...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Meh, that was just a hard foul. BFD. And Nash exaggerated the effect. I hate on Stern plenty for wussifying the league. Then I hate on Stern & Stu Jackson for their head-up-assedness zero tolerance policy. Those Suns on the bench didn't get involved in anything, so why suspend them?

Comment

• I'm a fan of the Cavs, even though I no longer live in Ohio. Went up to a game last season at the Q with my dad, sis and family.

You can tell that they're inexperienced at this level. At times, they look like they are figuring it out and putting it together. But the other 3/4ths of the game, they look pretty clueless.

They might be able to get on track if they win the next game. Otherwise, it's 4 and done.

In any event, it's great to see Jordan's curse lifted from the team. I fully expect to be able to enjoy the next decade in the late rounds of the playoffs.
                          Last edited by DanS; June 11, 2007, 17:53.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Well, it looks like my boys are in for the sweep. A shame. They are a player or two short this year.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• More than a player or two, Dan. The Spurs are much, much, much better than the Cavs. And any other team from the East, including Detroit and Chicago.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Reggie Miller was on ESPN Radio yeserday and said it would take an all-star team from the East to make this series competitive. He thinks even Denver could beat Cleveland.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X