This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginn Jr., Dolphins agree to deal

Wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr., Miami's first-round pick and the ninth pick overall, has agreed to terms with the Dolphins.

Financial terms were not immediately available.

Ginn, a receiver and kick returner, reached the agreement after missing five practices for rookies. The deal means the Dolphins will have all 87 players on their roster under contract when the full squad begins training camp Saturday.

Ginn scored 26 touchdowns at Ohio State, including a Big Ten-record six returning punts. He made 59 catches for 781 yards and nine scores as a junior last year, and he was the second receiver drafted, behind Calvin Johnson, who went to the Detroit Lions with the No. 2 pick.

But fans jeered new Dolphins coach Cam Cameron at the team's draft party in April for bypassing Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn in the first round and picking Ginn instead with the ninth choice.

Ginn was among the fastest players in the draft, but has been criticized for running poor routes, dropping too many passes and struggling to get off the line, and there have also been doubts about his health. He sprained his left foot during an end zone celebration after returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown at the BCS national championship game Jan. 8.
    Ted Ginn Jr., Miami's first-round pick and the ninth pick overall, has agreed to terms with the Dolphins.

YTF was he holding out?!? He was damn lucky to be drafted so high.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• He wasn't really holding out, he's about halfway through the draft class (1st round) in terms of being signed. After camp starts is when I'd consider it holding out...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Uh, camp has started.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Miami's camp starts Saturday, if you read the article...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            Uh, camp has started.
            So has a new thread.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
              Miami's camp starts Saturday, if you read the article...
              If you read the article, he already missed 5 practices for rookies.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• meh, it's not a holdout until camp properly begins. Rookie practice is for people who are dumb enough to agree to contracts

I'll again note that he's not holding out any further than most players... only 2 players in the 1st round (and 0 in the 2nd round, from what i've read) were signed as of two weeks ago (7/10/07).

Comment

• Continue here:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                  X