Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Fantasy Hockey Signup Thread (The Sporting News)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Fantasy Hockey Signup Thread (The Sporting News)

Yahoo doesn't do fantasy hockey playoffs, so why not stir things up.

The Sporting News playoff pool works quite differently from Yahoo. There's no draft or trading between players, because every person in the pool can have any player they want. It's a "salary" based system, where the price of each player is based upon their popularity in the leagues (kind of like a stock market). So every day, their value adjusts corresponding to trading going on with the player. You start with $30M, but this can go up or down with player value.

The scoring works by collecting points. The image attached shows how it works.

You can make 2 trades (changes) per week on your 7-man roster. There is an option to buy trades through the sites, though this is not going to be permitted in our league...let's keep it free for everyone.

The League to join is "Apolyton Playoffs 2007", the password is "poly".

You'll need to create a SportingNews account (it's free), then create your team here: http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com...asic/home.html

Post here if you're interested or have any questions.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

The deadline to join is Tuesday at midnight, by the way.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Hmm...maybe I should've played Dubielewicz today...

Comment

No one is interested in a salary cap playoff league?

Comment

I'd do it, but I won't have time to really examine the thing until tomorrow night.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It's very low maintenance compared to Yahoo. You can make 2 swaps/week max, never have to adjust your lineup.

Comment

Weak, people, weak.

Comment

Working...
              X