Fantasy Hockey - Less Fantasy, More Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats dejon
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
      The Leafs missing the playoffs by one point, man that just sucks. And Montreal out too. And the Avs.
      The Leafs not having the heart to make it to the playoffs for the second year in a row. Man, typical Torontonians. All talk, no play.

Watch JFJ come back next year. Maybe he'll swing a 10-year $7M/yr deal for Hatcher?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'll be at Sunday's 1pm game in Detroit.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Watch JFJ come back next year. Maybe he'll swing a 10-year $7M/yr deal for Hatcher?
          Stephen Brunt was indicating that the Leafs owners had told management that they need a playoff spot this year so the Leafs GM could be in serious jeopardy
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Since neither the Leafs nor the Canadiens had the team to go anywhere in the playoffs this year, I won't mourn the absence of either. Their game, as exciting as it was, proved why neither of them belonged there.

Montreal was crap and deserved to be down 4 after the first period. Then with a 2 goal lead they couldn't hold on??

Toronto?? Their sub-par goaltending showed itself convincingly once again. Raycroft can be very good sometimes but very bad at others.

Overall both teams didn't play very well.

In the east it did play out somewhat as I predicted

Toronto-- I said they would be just good enough to barely miss the playoffs-- I had no idea ho propetic that would be.

Ottawa-- I predicted a clear playoff team despite their goaltending questions. I stuck with that even when they sucked early

Only Montreal prevented me from being 3 for 3-- I predicted they would be a playoff team, (riding mainly their goaltending). Frankly, Huet going down cost them a playoff spot since Aebischer was inadequate and only Halak showing up allowed Montreal to stay in the race .
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Calgary??

What to say after such a weird season? This has been one of the most frustrating groups to watch. I never know what to expect and inconsistency seems to be team-wide.

The team has games where they are so very very impressive and out-play a Nashville or Detroit or Minnesota. Then they turn around and lose and absolutely look like the suck while doing it.

I still look at this squad and see a lot of talent . . . and for the most part, the offense has shown up. Lots of guys are having career years offensively.

BUt I have been disappointed on the defensive side. I expected to see some games where the defense of the Flames would dominate teams . . hold them to 18 shots and knock guys down with regularity. But it hasn't happened. Far too much loose play and give-aways. It drives me nuts.

Niow they are in the playoffs. What team will show up?-- Goldarned if I know.... BUt I predict they will take out Detroit in 6 games. The prediction is less about Calgary than it is about Detroit. The knock on them is they disappear in the playoffs. I don't see any reason to change that view unless and until Detroit shows otherwise.

But beyond that, I don't see the Flames going too far unless the team that we have see only glimpses of so far this year shows up.

Comment

I'm not very hopeful or expectant for the post-season. It's all gravy from here considering how awful the coaching has been.

Comment

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

Belfour, Peltonen arrested at South Beach bar
                  April 9, 2007

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Florida Panthers goalie Ed Belfour was arrested at a popular South Beach bar early Monday after a scuffle with a police officer.

Belfour and teammate Ville Peltonen were at the bar when security guards from the club asked police to make Belfour leave, police said.

The 41-year-old hockey player refused and walked toward the officer "in a fighting stance" and pushed him, a Miami Beach police report said.

Belfour pulled away from the officer trying to arrest him and grabbed his shirt. The hockey player then fell forward on the ground, kicking and refusing to place his hands behind his back, the report said.

Belfour had slurred speech, blood shot eyes and smelled of alcohol, police said. He was charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer without violence.

Peltonen, 33, was charged with criminal mischief after he broke a metal pole off a fire rescue truck parked in the area, a police report said.

Belfour is being held at Miami-Dade County Jail on $1,500 bond. Peltonen is being held on $500 bond.

"We have been informed about the incident that occurred last night and we are currently in the process of gathering all the information," the Panthers said in a statement. "We have no further comment at this time."

While playing for the Dallas Stars in 2000, Belfour pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest following a scuffle with a security guard at an upscale hotel.

He was sentenced to two years' probation and a $3,000 fine.

Comment

Man, there's going to be some killer first round match ups. The only one that doesn't look like it could go either way is Buffalo - New York. I guess you also have to like New Jersey over Tampa, but that one's tighter. The rest are almost too close to call.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Sure
                      OK.

Go here and make your 1st round picks.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Flames got lucky and scraped in by a win. They could have easily missed the playoffs, just as Colorado, Montreal and Toronto were one win away from the post-season.

The Leafs suffered from lots of injuries (among the top for games lost to injuries).

Raycroft proved average overall but he did get 37 wins and logged lots of minutes. Still, his big problem is not delivering during clutch games. The same can be said for a lot of goalies, but Raycroft is playing in Toronto where fans expect to have a star goalie. Maybe we can get Eddie or Cujo back.

The team was deep in scoring, but the veterans like Sundin Tucker and O'Neil failed to deliver during the last 20 games.

The blue line was surprising good. McCabe and Kaberle delivered the offense on the powerplay. Gill and White proved very solid as a pair. Injuries undercut the seasons for Kubina and Colaiacovo

The Leafs haven't got a lot of salary room to fix the major problems, and that's the fault of Ferguson. He needs to go. He's done nothing for the team and made far too many mistakes, particularly with the contracts that leave little room to move.

All they can do is focus on developing the young guys which isn't such a bad thing. It's better than trying to buy a winning team every year. Still it means a long haul to become a contender.
                        Last edited by Tingkai; April 10, 2007, 05:04.
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Congrats to Mr. Boo for winning the consolation round.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

More brilliant thinking from the NHL

The CBC is furious over the National Hockey League's decision to schedule Saturday's Pittsburgh Penguins-Ottawa Senators match in the afternoon instead of prime time.

The Canadian network wanted the game in the evening timeslot to maximize viewership for the traditional Hockey Night in Canada Saturday night show.

But the league bowed to NBC, which limits telecasts to the afternoon and wants the game because of the marquee potential of Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby.
                            Not only did the NHL refuse to give the CBC the Pittsburgh-Ottawa Saturday game in prime time, but the first-round schedule denies the network the assurance of any Saturday night telecasts involving a Canadian team.

Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                              The Flames got lucky and scraped in by a win.
                              It's all about luck. Was it luck that caused the Leafs to blow a 4 goal lead vs Buffalo?

The Leafs suffered from lots of injuries (among the top for games lost to injuries).
                              Show me the stats. Tons of teams had injury problems, the Leafs (and Oilers) just have no depth.

Raycroft proved average overall
                              AVERAGE? He didn't even finish in the top 30 of goaltenders...AVERAGE?

The team was deep in scoring, but the veterans like Sundin Tucker and O'Neil failed to deliver during the last 20 games.
                              They aren't clutch. They have no heart.

Comment

Actually, I believe Toronto did lead the league in man-games lost to injury. I wouldn't pin not making the playoffs on that, though.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X