No announcement yet.

NCAA Tourneys promise and deliver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, at least everyone who watched got to see Florida whip up, which wasn't a bad show.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

They do have a good team and hasn't Arkansas played a softer schedule?

Seems they havent made that many statements this year

I also read where they might not get an invite even if they pull off a win today
    Arkansas has the 12th toughest schedule, Florida, 44th.
    College basketball picks and predictions, plus NCAA basketball odds, stats, power rankings, strength of schedule, SOS, standings and projections.

We've had some key wins but for most of the season we juggled between an all-dominating team that totally controlled the game and a Bizzaro team that let visitors clean up on us, particularly at home.

If we had won today and didn't get an invite, chaos. But right now our chances are up in the air.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My Pack gave it a go, and won a few in tourney but alas, Carolina survived and justifiably so was crowned 2007 ACC Champs

Congrats now the anticipation is off and look forward to the playoffs.

Gramps

Congrats on Florida as well

GT
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        Prediction: Florida by 18.
        Florida 77
        Arkansas 56

Missed it by a 3-ball...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Heard it was a good game..............

Comment

I love March Madness, but it bothers me that so many subjective decisions go into who makes the tournament, and that teams that aren't the best in their conference make it in.

I'd really like to go back to the old way: no conference tournaments, and no at-large teams. Only conference champs need apply.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

That would be stupid. There have been plenty of NCAA champs who did not win their conference.

No matter where you cut it off, there will be whiners. But with 64 teams, you can have confidence you're not excluding anyone with the talent to go all the way. And six rounds over 3 weeks is excellent.

The other advantage of the big field is TH-SUN of the first week -- wall to wall basketball for four consecutive days. All you can eat!

YUM!!
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I hear both of your comments and each has its merit without sounding stupid (sorry, I try not to think peoples comments are stupid, because some, minus trolling, have merit to that person making them)

I like the older way to an extent but also like that a "Great team", one who can win it all to include the Championship Game, playing relentlessy and with do purpose, rise above the rest and become Victorious

I like how a team who may not have had the ability to win its conference still can compete, or what Boston College Coach Al Skinner said,
                If we can just get away from the ACC then we have a chance to do something

The ACC is tough, and whomever plays them will find all the competition they want!

Ok, I would vote for how it is now if I had to cast a vote

Gramps

Comment

My only problem now is the play-in game. That's just dumb.

Comment

So, couldn't the committee simply say "Your in" and "better luck next year" on other?

All this is is basically the best of the worse vieying for the last spot?

Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

Gramps

Comment

QFT

64 teams fit. Why make it 65?
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

QFT

64 teams fit. Why make it 65?
                        Isn't this just making another "Wild Card" like the N F L has?

I dont get it

Comment

Easiest thing to do would be to remove conference tourneys, expand the tournament to that weekend, and then every Div 1 team is in the tourney!

Heck, who even needs the regular season then.

Comment

Originally posted by gjramsey
                            Heck, who even needs the regular season then.
                            ...and that's exactly the problem with NCAA Basketball (and most football tournament proposals). It renders the regular season meaningless.

If only conference champs get in, AND there are NO conference tourneys, then the regular season means everything...
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Isn't this just making another "Wild Card" like the N F L has?

I dont get it
                              With 64 teams, why do you need a wild card?
                              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

NCAA regular season isn't meaningless. If all you do is count conference champs, then non-conference games become meaningless, might as well schedule all cupcakes, right? Now if you play tough nonconference teams, it not only helps you prepare your team, but also adds to strength of schedule, which is a factor in getting into the Big Dance and where they seed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X