Woo Hoo! Going To The Ballpark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo! Going To The Ballpark!

I think the field is about 10 years old, but I've never been.
    Saturday May 4th, that changes vs. Toronto.
    Here's our vantage point.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Good seats. Enjoy the game, Sloww. How are the Rangers looking this year? I've heard vague rumblings that they may actually field a competant pitching staff...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I hate to get my hopes up, but it's too late.
      They may actually have a major league pitching staff.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        I hate to get my hopes up, but it's too late.
        They may actually have a major league pitching staff.
        Isn't it 3/5 former Phillies? I wouldn't qualify that as "major league".
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

If you only knew how many Aces are out there that were with Texas as kids, but got traded in package deals, you'd be shocked. Forget the hitters. Forget Sosa.
          The pitchers would boggle your mind; and having done those trades of pitchers, we never have enough.

Comment

Do tell, Sloww. I'm curious.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Toronto's team sucks though, no?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Toronto has a decent team, they're just in an impossible division.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

baseball

Comment

Then stay out of the thread, punk.

Comment

but i have nothing else to do

Comment

Ok, fine. Stay. Sheeesh.

Comment

Sloww, you're such a sucker for needy underage girls.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            Do tell, Sloww. I'm curious.
                            Wilson Alvarez is one that always leaps to mind.
                            Carl Pavano was in Ranger farm system, as were most that got traded. They've always traded youth trying to secure the present with, many times, has-beens.
                            Some have been good. Rangers have had some. Just not all at once. Hittting, plenty, but traded youth.
                            Sosa and Alvarez went at the same tiime.
                            Last edited by SlowwHand; March 8, 2007, 23:21.

Comment

The Bush Legacy...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X