• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomlinson's father killed in auto wreck

On a death roll down here.

Tomlinson's father killed in auto wreck

2 hours, 41 minutes ago

WACO, Texas - The father of NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson was killed Friday when the pickup truck in which he was riding blew a tire and flipped on a highway.

Oliver Tomlinson was killed at about 1:30 p.m. in the one-vehicle rollover, said Charlie Morgan, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman. Tomlinson was 71.

The driver, Ronald C. McClain was rushed by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where he later died, Morgan said. The 48-year-old McClain was believed to be a relative of Tomlinson's, Morgan said.

Witnesses reported that a tire on the 1969 Chevrolet truck blew, causing the truck to swerve out of control and flip over near an intersection east of Waco near Asa. Both men were thrown from the truck, Morgan said.

Jewel Tomlinson, Oliver's wife and LaDainian's stepmother, said her husband and McClain had been returning to Waco after a trip to the family home in Tomlinson Hill, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported in its online edition Friday. She said Oliver, who lived in Chilton, had been staying in Waco recently while recovering from an illness.

LaDainian Tomlinson starred at Waco's University High School before going on to TCU and the
    San Diego Chargers.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

bummer

seatbelts

Comment

Shame, but seriously, seat belts dont do anygood not being properly used.

I know seatbelts sometimes
      cause injuries themselves, but still, I hate to see people lose lives, when they could have had the tradegy avoided.

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
      X